Traditions 1873 frontier Single Action Revolver grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I purchased a Traditions 1873 Frontier revolver made by Pietta. It is a 7.5 inch blued with color case hardened frame. I am interested in finding a set of replacement grips for it. I have already tried one set which was for a Pietta 1873 which did not work. Fortunately, I got a refund for those. The walnut grip on this gun is a one-piece grip. I would like to have a stag like grip but I am open to wood grips also. The gun is a .44 magnum and the current grips are a little slick for that kind of recoil. Would it be better to strip them and apply an oil rubbed finish. Mainly I just want to figure out how to find a grip that is made specifically for this revolver or other makes and models that interchange with it if there are any. Also is anyone familiar with these guns? Can they handle full house magnum loads? Mine has an unfluted cylinder and I've never seen this on any other Traditions 1873 revolver made by Pietta. Any information, opinions or advice about this gun would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20240531_215324827~2.jpg
    IMG_20240531_215324827~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Top Bottom