Traffic tickets on SDA application

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a followup from an off-topic post in another thread...

Both kroberts2131 and myself have now received our CWL. We did not list any traffic tickets on the application. I have 4 that show up on oscn.net and 2 that show up on odcr.net. I believe all of mine are speeding tickets. This corresponds with the information given in the OSBI FAQ. Make your own informed decision. YMMV.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/SDA_FAQs.html
I used this a guidance when I submitted my application. I have had speeding tickets in the past but didn't list them. Now i'm a little bit worried but I don't think it will matter. I guess I will find out soon enough.
I did the same. I on average have probably had a speeding ticket once every 2 years since I turned 16. I sure can't keep track of them. That would also include tickets in 2 or 3 states and numerous Oklahoma counties.

At first I was going to include every ticket that I could dig up information on through oscn.net and others. Then I thought I about pulling my driving record as another source. Then I read the information above and decided to follow the same path you did.

Nothing like looking for an official answer from the authoritative source and then be given "a rule of thumb". Hmmmph.

Yes, I am still waiting on the results of my application.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything you weren't actually taken into custody for doesn't need to be on there.

I actually got a dumb (dumb on my part for being stupid enough to do it; the cops I dealt with were of the highest class) trespassing ticket a few years ago. I listed it anyway to be sure, but my understanding was that I didn't need to (I called OSBI and asked them directly what I needed to include). Just figured it didn't cost me anything to, but if I was wrong, it would cost me $100 to resubmit.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything you weren't actually taken into custody for doesn't need to be on there.

I actually got a dumb (dumb on my part for being stupid enough to do it; the cops I dealt with were of the highest class) trespassing ticket a few years ago. I listed it anyway to be sure, but my understanding was that I didn't need to (I called OSBI and asked them directly what I needed to include). Just figured it didn't cost me anything to, but if I was wrong, it would cost me $100 to resubmit.

+1 agreed.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, mine came back no problems. I was a little worried about it but it was fine. Got mine back in 30 days from the charge on my card. I still haven't gotten a letter from OSBI though.

Off topic but what does YMMV stand for? Sorry i'm not very hip! The other I don't know is IIRC or whatever it is.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, mine came back no problems. I was a little worried about it but it was fine. Got mine back in 30 days from the charge on my card. I still haven't gotten a letter from OSBI though.

Off topic but what does YMMV stand for? Sorry i'm not very hip! The other I don't know is IIRC or whatever it is.

YMMV - your mileage may vary (results may differ)
IIRC - If I recall

Latest posts

Top Bottom