Trigger cleaner/lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I got everything good and clean using some lantern fuel, which I was told was basically the same as lighter fluid. Worked great. Then I buffed any remaining residual off with the dremel buffer and got it all good and clean. Then went over all parts with Breakfree CLP and wiped trigger down then cleaned any remaining out with the pressure hose.

After following the youtube videos to get all re-installed I adjusted the trigger. I followed the suggestions for the "REMINGTON CRISP: A RECIPE" in the site: https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/reducing-trigger-pull-weight-on-a-rem-700.388682/

Got all adjusted and tested and it feels like it's just what I wanted. Waiting on my scope rail so I should have it on the range this weekend and we'll see how the bedding and trigger adjustment come together.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember having an unintentional discharge while closing the bolt on my Remington Model 7 243. Still have it but don't think I've shot it since. At some point I'm going to just get the Timney's and swap them both out. I'm just itching to get the Sendero out and give it a run. I've knocked it around pretty good while cocked to ensure the trigger doesn't go off. Also lots of pulling on the trigger with safety on then off, then on pulling, then off. So far looks solid. I would say that I'd hope the guy who sold it to me would have said something if the trigger were a problem but as we know, not all sellers are that honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom