Trijicon is getting it's rear kicked...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seen that. Holosun has been swinging for the fences. The k closed emitter should no doubt be as durable as the 507k. Not sure about the really small one they also put out.

Trijicon is going to loose some sales over this unless they step it up. The RMRcc was a "Let's re-invent the wheel that we already invented and no one wants"

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What American made device did you post that from?

Not a similar comparison.

There are not readily available cell phones made in the USA that provides the same/similar function as the current smart phones.

However, there are readily available red dot optics for your pistol that is made in the USA that has the same/similar function than ones made in China.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a similar comparison.

There are not readily available cell phones made in the USA that provides the same/similar function as the current smart phones.

However, there are readily available red dot optics for your pistol that is made in the USA that has the same/similar function than ones made in China.

Show me a shake awake function on an RMR? Seems to be VERY important on a carry or home defense gun don't ya think? We could talk about several other features too if you'd like? I mean, since this is a closed emitter option being offered, can you show me Trijicon's version of that? Especially on a small footprint?

Just stop while you're ahead.

I mean, I do have some conviction on certain aspects of life for sure so I get it. However, Trijicon just needs to get with it on the RDS game.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the published battery life but suspect it would be much lower with the shake awake feature in a pocket gun? It would constantly be shaken so would be on all the time when in movement.
As a side note, noticed in my daily check of the Crimson Trace laser on the Keltek P3-AT my battery failed after 8 years of daily checks and playing with some dogs for amusement.
I don't have anything with the shake awake so not totally familiar with how that works in relation to the battery life mentioned above.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They are also coming out with a MOS direct mount RDS. No adapter plate required.

That's should sell like hotcakes...
Maybe not a perfect solution...I'm not sold on the solar charging or automatic brightness adjustment, but I like the direction this is going.

Today, Holosun pushes the envelpoe of red dot technology!

We would like to introduce the SCS (Solar Charging Sight). This product brings the next level of our Solar Failsafe system to the red dot user. Being an auto-adjusting only system, it uses multiple sensors to be able to accurately adjust the brightness level of the reticle to the correct setting, even when using flashlights! Furthermore, the system does not require the user to replace batteries. It uses the ambient light not only to power itself, but maintains charge to an internal battery for when low-light situations arise. All this is uniquely fitted in an ultra low system that is not only compatible with standard height BUIS, but is uniquely shaped to direct fit to an exisiting manufacturer's slide profile and still offer features you expect from Holosun such as M.R.S. (Multi Reticle System) in a Grade 5 titanium housing.

Photos here...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYvalseLwJj/?utm_medium=copy_link