Trying Out a New Carry Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I didn't buy it specifically for a CC weapon but I did get it so range time would be cheaper. I normally carry a Commander length 1911 with an alloy frame in .45. When I can't wear that, I put my Sig P238 in my pocket. 45's get to be kind of expensive so after about 1000 rounds thru my 1911 to make sure everything is good to go,... I don't shoot it as much as I would like.

Anyway,.. long story short (too late),... I picked up an XD-9 at my LGS since my membership was about to expire and you get a membership with a gun purchase. It is the 4" Service model and is pretty nice for a plastic gun. I picked up a Galco King Tuk at the new LGS in Bixby for it and will be wearing it today for the first time. I have on cargo shorts and a golf shirt not tucked in. Ammo is so much cheaper and this will become my main range gun.

It will not replace the 1911 for carry,.. just wanted to see how it carried around town. Don't know why I felt the need to post the fact that I was doing this today. Haha. Oh well. I'm off work today so I'm headed to the range !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom