Trying out a new CC combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I've relied on my little Kel Tec P3AT in a K&D hip pocket holster as my most often carried pistol in the last decade, it doesn't really inspire the confidence of it's larger and more reliable stablemates. It's just so easy to slip it into my pocket and go, compared to wearing a belt so an IWB holster can support a larger pistol. I've carried (And have good holsters for) my 1911's, Commander, CCO and Officers length pistols, Glock 30, 36, 23 and 21, Kel Tec P-40 and even a Airweight J frame. All have their place, but none are as easy to carry as the little KT. The "Dress around the gun" logic doesn't always work for me, especially on hot, sweaty or active Oklahoma days.

Recently, I looked around a bit, considering all the little 9mm pistols of late. Of the current crop, the Kahr CM9 was a good fit and bought for a good price here in the classifieds. I bought a Concealment Specialties Cargo pocket holster (Similar to the DeSantis Nemesis) and tried it out at my pasture range in cargo shorts today. The draw is easier than the P3, and in the last two weeks of occasional practice, the pistol has been dead nuts reliable with WWB and Rem 124gr GS +P.

Took the kids to the fair this evening and the CM9 fit well. Have to shift it a bit as I sit to avoid sitting on it with my right cheek, but other than that it's a good fit. Haven't tried it in jeans or on my motorcycle yet. We'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will like the CM9. My wife has been carrying one most of the summer. I have carried it on occasion. The long double action trigger takes some getting used to...but it is a joy to carry. I have a Stickey Holster for it. Works good in the pocket or IWB.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the CM9 trigger surprisingly smooth and the pistol plenty accurate for SD. In its pocket holster, it fits all loose pants & shorts, but its a bit too large in jeans. I'm going look around for a thinner/ less padded holster and see if I can find a way to squeeze it in.

Still, it's a positive first experience with a "Pocket 9", and with Rem 124gr +P GSHP, a decent step up in performance from a little 380.

Latest posts

Top Bottom