Tulsa Gubmint Puts A Polished Turd On The Ballot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a tulsie rez-dent but am greatly affected by their policies and economic decisions as I do a lot of work in Tulsa and personal consumption there.

I'm almost always anti-more tax(es) BUT Tulsa is in a bad way. The infrastructure is crumbling, the roads suck(!) and crime is growing rapidly. So, I'm torn. Tulsa, I feel, generally does a decent job of appropriating budgets accordingly. But, something, somewhere is NOT working and is OFF. I'm not tied in enough to determine the problems, but I recognize they exist. I also realize throwing money at something does not always equal better performance.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Citizen Kaiser's Klown got busted misleading Tulsans about dam maintenance being funded:

A Jan. 27 ‘KOKI Fox 23 Tulsa’ report indicated that the City of Tulsa would rely on a private partnership with the Muscogee (Creek) Nation to fund long-term maintenance of two low-water dams proposed as part of the Vision 2025 measure if Jenks and Tulsa voters approve the Vision package in an upcoming April 5 election.

The story cited Tulsa City Councilor and Arkansas River Infrastructure Task Force Chairman G.T. Bynum.“The report there is just not an accurate one and maybe I just didn’t explain it clearly to the reporter and I’ll take responsibility for that,” Bynum said.

“The low-water dam-they’re going to have to come up with something there. We just don’t have the funds to put in to whatever. I’ve heard 45 million or something like that. So, there’s going to have to be some discussion about that,” MCN Principal Chief James Floyd said in a Jan. 20 ‘Mvskoke Radio’ interview.

MCN National Council Business Finance and Justice Committee Chairman Robert Hufft confirmed that such a proposal would have to be approved by BFJ and that he had not heard about it.

Hufft, who is a Council representative for the Tulsa District, said that he had spoken with former Jenks Mayor and consultant for the river project under the previous MCN administration, Vic Vreeland about the river dams around three weeks ago.

“I said, ‘We have too many things that we have to take care of our people and I can’t justify myself giving any kind of money along those lines,’ ” Hufft said. “That’s the extent of any kind of talk I’ve ever had with them about it.”

The ‘Muscogee Nation News’ asked Vreeland Jan. 28 if he had been involved in the project since he was interviewed for an MNN piece on it published Dec. 3, 2015 and he said that he had not and could not provide an update.

“I have no knowledge,” he said.

https://www.facebook.com/MuscogeeNationNews/posts/1124395950924490:0

From the KOKI FOX 23 story:

Tulsa City Councilor G.T. Bynum, who has been leading the efforts to get water in the Arkansas River, said the city has reached an agreement for the Muscogee Creek Nation to set up an endowment for maintenance because the city is limited in setting up a private funding source with public money for such a project.

[video]http://www.fox23.com/videos/news/video-private-funds-to-maintain-proposed-dam/vDjLdp/[/video]

According to a federal disclosure form dated April 5, 2010, Bynum worked as a lobbyist for Kaiser in 2010 for which he was paid $20,000 in the first quarter of that year. See page one: http://disclosures.house.gov/ld/pdfform.aspx?id=300254455. On page two of this disclosure report Bynum lists on #15 ”Health Issues,” and on page five #16 Bynum lists “Arkansas River low water dam development,” as another area of lobbying. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Bynum received a total of $55,0000 from Kaiser for lobbying work on behalf of the Arkansas low water dam and the OSU Medical Center in 2010, Bynum received $10,000 in the second quarter, $20,000 in the third quarter, and $5,000 in the fourth quarter from Kaiser, all while serving as a member of the Tulsa City council.

http://fortysixnews.com/stories/2015/08/12/g-t-bynum/

Looks like the legacy leadership in T-Town is leading the city down the same path, towards the same destination, where Arrow Trucking's legacy leadership led.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com_tulsaworld.com_content_tn7b5533ccdefa10c94ee708efbe3b731e.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://tulsacouncil.org/media/115206/Vision_Proposal_Summary_(FINAL_1-28-16).pdf

Any OSA T-towners gonna vote for this nearly billion dollar boondoggle?

what a crock of sh*t! talk about misleading print .. several way to add up this permanent tax .. about 1.46% tax increase
since our Bartlett Jr has gotten in .. our water bill has effectively doubled .. my property taxes has gone up by the max 10% for 5+ years .. all while we have been in recession.

don't trust anyone on the Okla Turnpike board .. one of the biggest ripoff in Oklahoma ... handing off monopoly $$$$ to big business like taking out all the small businessmen hauling trash is Bartlett's track record .. more of the same for hijacking our $$$ for ambulance service by inserting fees into our water bills.

Bartlett needs to go ...

s25.postimg.org_varfco5n2_bartlett.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom