Tulsa passenger rail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No thanks. Unless passenger train travel gets to the speed, frequency, and safety of what it is in France, Germany, etc., I'll pass. Even then, you gotta have something more comprehensive than getting dumped out on the streets in St. Louis. It's very efficient in Europe. It's a farce here except maybe in the northeast. Good or bad, for now, transporting people in the US is done by planes and automobiles.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa has been proposed as a hub in the central region.

Now is the time to act. Submit supportive comments at the bottom of the homepage page.

I spent many hours as a youth waiting for my cousins to come into the downtown Union Depo. As they worked for the Frisco railroad.

I would love to be able to travel to Dallas, KC, or St. Louis on the rail.

I would also like to take a long vacation to California just for the old world experience on a modern train.

Railroad pocket watches are my passion and would love to reunite as few with their heritage by strapping on on and taking off for the weekend without me driving to okc.

Like minds please comment on their website.

https://fralongdistancerailstudy.org/

Doesn't Amtrak still run from OKC to Ft Worth? Then you can switch trains and ride all the way to Chicago as I recall🤔

This is it..........
https://www.omio.com/

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my favorite memories of France are from riding the rails and the little train stations/sops along the way,
I enjoyed the high speed rail from Kaiserslautern, Germany to Paris...186-188mph was pretty cool. Amtrack from Buffalo, NY to NYC was a fun experience except for the delays caused when they got behind schedule and we had to wait for all the freight trains given priority since the rails were theirs.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use federal dollars for everything, much more on increasing the government’s grip on foreigners than US citizens. Parks, recreation, the worthless Thunder, piss poor education ruining our country instead of school choice. Now what’s your beef?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of my favorite memories of France are from riding the rails and the little train stations/sops along the way,
I rode the electric train in Italy between Brescia and Venice. Great way to travel actually…..over there. They have it down to a science. The stations are located in the middle of the cities center that is bustling vs the train depots in the US typically being in the rundown part of the city where it’s not safe.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only ridden on one train and that was while stationed in Panama prior to going to VN back in 68' when I was 18.

Myself and the Panamanian gal that I was seeing at the time would once in awhile take the slow train ride from one side of the canal to the other (aprox. 50 miles), spend the weekend and return.

Very scenic ride......in a lot of places the jungle grew right up against the tracks.

pct.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom