Tulsa Resident's Renewal/Initial application slowdown information.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a Tulsa resident and feel that your renewal or initial application may be taking an inordinately long time I suggest finding out if the hold up is the Tulsa PD records division.

My license expiration date was 9/30/13 I sent my renewal app and payment in 7/2/13 OSBI charged my card on 7/7/13

I sat and waited until 9/23 when I contacted the OSBI, On 9/23 I was informed that they were just waiting on a completed background request check from Tulsa PD.

On October 2nd I initiated a second email to the OSBI since I am now into my 30 day grace period and I reached out to a friend of mine.

The OSBI background request was received by TPD records division 7/17/13 and they responded to it on 10/1/2013, on 10/2/2013 they also sent a FAX follow up to the OSBI at the request of the friend I reached out too, the follow up to my email on 10/2 from the OSBI was that I would receive my permit in the mail in the next 7 to 10 days.

I don't know where to start but I think that I will begin with an email to the Mayors action line.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that a renewal can be mailed in directly but if the TPD is running slow maybe taking it to the sheriff's office and letting them send it in may be a better option. If you inform them it is a renewal they will probably do the background checks then and send everything in directly to the OSBI through their channels basically skipping the TPD.

When I did my initial app I went to the Logan County sheriff's office and when I asked the officer how long it would take to send in he said that as soon as their background check part was done it would go to the OSBI so I would assume a renewal would go the same way.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OSBI web site says 60-90 days. I submitted mine on July 21, got my renewal 10/2. 73 days more or less, seems the estimate is right on the money.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OSBI web site says 60-90 days. I submitted mine on July 21, got my renewal 10/2. 73 days more or less, seems the estimate is right on the money.

You live in TPD jurisdiction or in Tulsa county Jurisdiction?

The OSBI had no control over the slowdown. TPD records was the slow down. They sat on a background check request for 2 1/2 months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom