• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Tumbler or Vibrator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WTB one or the other. Figured I'd post here before I part with some coin.
Honestly, don't know which is better or whether it matters. I had a vibratory unit (borrowed) and had to give back to owner due to him getting back in the game. I have 30# of hulls, but just ordered some pins thinking of going tumbler route.
Went to Harbour Freight and looked at the twin tumbler, 2x 3# cans. The unit does not seem to hold much, maybe half combined compared to the Lyman 1200 I was using.
Let me know if u have one for sale or opinions.
Thanks

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Tumbler is quieter and gets them cleaner, vibrators put a better polish on them. I guess it depends on what you plan loading, and what you care most about. When I was selling brass, I tumbled rifle and handgun brass, but would them run the rifle brass thru the vibrator for a final polish.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Not going to comment on @RickN and vibrators.......

To the OP, I find myself using the tumblers for my bulk brass. A good wet tumble gets the brass cleaner than any vibratory I've ever run across. I have this thing about my pistol brass looking clean as the day it was new, and that's what I get from wet tumbling. What I really like my vibratory cleaner for now is for small batches of rifle brass, and especially as a way to remove all lube from the rifle brass after sizing. I use the Lyman Cyclone tumblers (for an idea on capacity, I can fit around 1200 cases of 9mm at a time) and just a regular old Frankford EZ vibratory tumbler. Both work well.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Not going to comment on @RickN and vibrators.......

To the OP, I find myself using the tumblers for my bulk brass. A good wet tumble gets the brass cleaner than any vibratory I've ever run across. I have this thing about my pistol brass looking clean as the day it was new, and that's what I get from wet tumbling. What I really like my vibratory cleaner for now is for small batches of rifle brass, and especially as a way to remove all lube from the rifle brass after sizing. I use the Lyman Cyclone tumblers (for an idea on capacity, I can fit around 1200 cases of 9mm at a time) and just a regular old Frankford EZ vibratory tumbler. Both work well.
What he said. I must add the wet tumbler cleans inside and out of the brass, and the primer pockets. Like new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom