Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My worst season so far which is odd, considering I have seen more in cameras than in years. The wind has killed me and this morning was freaking cold. Four days in a row and saw on Jake about 150 yards away. Only heard gobbling in the distance on Tuesday, none since. Yet, I will be out again this weekend.

Good luck to all who are going out this weekend.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My worst season so far which is odd, considering I have seen more in cameras than in years. The wind has killed me and this morning was freaking cold. Four days in a row and saw on Jake about 150 yards away. Only heard gobbling in the distance on Tuesday, none since. Yet, I will be out again this weekend.

Good luck to all who are going out this weekend.
Holy cow!!! It’s only day 4 of season!!!🤣
It’s way too early to get down in the dumps. :anyone:

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow!!! It’s only day 4 of season!!!🤣
It’s way too early to get down in the dumps. :anyone:
Sitting for 9 hours straight gets old every day except for today. It is better when you at least something or hear a gobble. This late start is not liked by this dorkus.

PS - Still better than working.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting for 9 hours straight gets old every day except for today. It is better when you at least something or hear a gobble. This late start is not liked by this dorkus.

PS - Still better than working.
You’re a heck of a lot more dedicated than me, because I won’t even sit for 9 hours waiting on a 170 class buck much less a dang turkey. Well, I might sit that long for a 170 but not a 160.:blush:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_4166.jpeg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re a heck of a lot more dedicated than me, because I won’t even sit for 9 hours waiting on a 170 class buck much less a dang turkey. Well, I might sit that long for a 170 but not a 160.:blush:
To be transparent it wasn't nine hours every day. Tuesday was all day except for an hour or so for lunch. Wed and Thursday was noonish to evening then yesterday was just the AM, it was too cold to stay very long. I was under dressed.

Glad to see rain today, hopefully we get a bunch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom