Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted hard on my week off last week to kill a turkey. Couldn't seal the deal. I hunted a lot of public ground and got an invite from a buddy to hunt a farm.
One WMA I hunted has historical pretty decent harvest numbers year to year. Another that has very little harvest historically. At the first I stayed for 2 days and chased one gobbler for a half mile or more. I would call and he would turn and gobble and keep going. Come to see he had 3 hens he was trying to keep up with. Still, I followed and called and he fanned and gobbled. After trying to cut them off and hurry to get in front of them I lost track. As for the birds I had roosted the night before, well.....2 kids spent the night in the parking area and beat me to them. They were polite and decided there was no need to step on their toes.
At the other WmA, I can see why there was very little harvest historically. Not set up all that great for turkeys. We did see one hen.
It was a fun week and I had a great time exploring areas I'd never been. Just wish I coulda come home with a longbeard....
20240416_200055.jpg20240422_194527.jpg20240420_080149.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom