TV Calibration from Best Buy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody on here had this service done to their Plasma, LCD or LED tv? I actually conisdered it but was hesitant, until I saw the picture quality on a friend's Samsung LED...WOW!....I was blown away. He had them come out, said it took almost 4 hrs, lots of equipment. But I am still hesitant..lol It used to be $300...now the service is under $200. I just don't know...I'm a movie buff...I've got the whole surround sound, Blu-Ray....Nice Samsung LCD.....I want the best possible picture I can get. I've messed with the settings on it myself and just can't seem to get it....there are settings on there that I have no clue what they do, even after googling it..lol What say the masses?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always had good luck using one of the calibration kits from Avia or Video Essentials.
It's not quite as good as a professional calibration but can get quite close.
The biggest difference would be color temperatures would be more accurate with the professional calibration.

And yeah, proper calibration makes most HDTVs looks a LOT better.
No way for the TV to display all the detail it is capable of unless it's tuned to match your room environment.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calibration is a legit thing. Best buy charges out the ass for it though. I found a TV enthusiast website and used their recommended settings which where drastic from the factory settings. It helped the picture quite a bit. After some reading and general recommendations, I further modified the settings based on preference and I am happy with the picture. I know its not as good as a professional calibration, but it is good enough for my wife and I and I put that 300 in the bank.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calibration is a legit thing. Best buy charges out the ass for it though. I found a TV enthusiast website and used their recommended settings which where drastic from the factory settings. It helped the picture quite a bit. After some reading and general recommendations, I further modified the settings based on preference and I am happy with the picture. I know its not as good as a professional calibration, but it is good enough for my wife and I and I put that 300 in the bank.

Do you remember the website?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if these calibrations would help with OTA HD broadcasts? I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars a year just to watch a few channels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom