Twice Takedowns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got two of the 25's, and one BX-15 that came with the gun as well as a half dozen 10 round stockers.
Can't get the 25's to run reliably enough to shoot steel challenge. One FTF will put you back three positions while clearing.
The 10 rounders run flawless for me. Converted a stock 10-22, to a Nordic Components forged stock and a red dot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats interesting. Any issues I've had have been ammo related (Federal Auto Match is cheap but doesnt cycle as reliably as CCI Standard Velocity).
Agree. The auto match is for the grandkids to shoot.
I only use the 1265fps CCI in my Mark III hunter pistol. The standard velocity of 1200 won't cycle fast enough for rapid fire, and occasionally use the Winchester 100 round packs of 1425fps in the Nordic AR style rifle. The Pistol doesn't like the Winchester. Get fte issues occasionally. The CCI never has that issue.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
7-8 years ago I had good results with Federal Auto Match, but bought several boxes last fall and had nothing but trouble. Put them right down there with Remington GB bulk packs.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So...this is cool....
The carbine comes with a backpack. You can put the rifle in there (broke down into the two halfs), and also the charger fits in the other pouch on it (no need to break it down)...and 4 BX25's in a pouch on the front and 3 of the 100 round boxes of .22 in the top pouch.

So...grand total is 2 guns, 4 mags and 500 rounds of ammo fit perfectly into the original Ruger pack. Pretty snazzy.

Out of curiosity, would the charger front end lock-in to the 10/22 and visa-versa, or do they each have their own mechanisms that would prevent that? Aside from all the NFA crap, just curious about the mechanical possibility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom