two M&P questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert a M&P 9c to a .357 sig? From what I have been able to gather, the frames are the same size but I would need a new barrel, slide, and mags. My reason for this is that I think I want something with a little more power for concealed carry, but I like the size of the M&P compacts. Also, I'm a little paranoid, and not a big fan of 4473's so it would allow me to essentially get a second gun without any of that hassle. :uhh:

Second question, does anyone have any knowledge of aftermarket magazines for a 9c? I would like to get some mags primarily for practice but i'm kinda balking at the $42+ price for them

Or is this just more trouble than its worth and i need to stop being such a tightwad?

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert a M&P 9c to a .357 sig? From what I have been able to gather, the frames are the same size but I would need a new barrel, slide, and mags. My reason for this is that I think I want something with a little more power for concealed carry, but I like the size of the M&P compacts. Also, I'm a little paranoid, and not a big fan of 4473's so it would allow me to essentially get a second gun without any of that hassle. :uhh:

Second question, does anyone have any knowledge of aftermarket magazines for a 9c? I would like to get some mags primarily for practice but i'm kinda balking at the $42+ price for them

Or is this just more trouble than its worth and i need to stop being such a tightwad?

YOu can go from 40/357 to 9mm, but not the other way. Your best bet would be to sell or trade your 9mm and get a 40c and then purchase a 9mm barrel for shooting for less. The reason you can go down but not up is the slide. And I don't think you want to buy a new slide.

If you go to cheaperthandirt they have factory 9c mags with the finger extension for $32 I believe.

If you are looking to trade up to say a 40 so you could go between 40 and 9 or 40 and 357 I have one i might trade for the 9mm. I have it for my wife and have been thinking about getting the 9mm barrel and mags to switch it out, but might just be willing to trade for a 9mm.