U.S. Marine’s Scathing Response to Sen. Feinstein’s Gun Control Proposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well written, it's all "'Merica" and sh$t. The only issue I have with it is the use of his former military rank in personal/professional correspondence targetted at an elected representative.

If he's not officially in "retired" status, DOD rules and military ettiquette do not allow the use of former rank. If he is retired (and therefore allowed continued use of his rank) he is, by use of his rank, essentially representing the USMC and treading in dangerous waters.

He would have been better off just mentioning his veteran status if he was wanting to use that as a qualifier and a frame of reference.

Reaction score
I totally agree with him, but I think he probably is going to get some heat for this because he used his rank and also for saying " A woman...". Still, as someone still on active duty, I agree 100%.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From one of my Senators.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Second Amendment and the issue of gun violence. As your voice in Washington, D.C., I sincerely appreciate hearing from you on these matters.

During July and August 2019, mass shootings in Gilroy, California; El Paso, Texas; Dayton, Ohio; and Midland-Odessa, Texas, rocked our nation and left communities grieving and grappling with fear, sorrow, and confusion. These mass shootings are horrendous tragedies devoid of explanation. My condolences and prayers go out to the families and loved ones who are victims of these cowardly acts. As a proud father and grandfather, I cannot imagine the pain these families have experienced. There is never justification for taking innocent lives.

As what follows any tragedy, individuals—both in the affected communities and across the U.S.—want to know what could possibly motivate perpetrators to commit these horrendous acts. As law enforcement officials continue to investigate these crimes, we must remember that each of the respective perpetrators is entirely responsible for his actions, while we also work to combat hatred, violence, racism, and the general undervaluing of human life that pervades much of our society. Each and every individual is made in the image of God, which means each life has inherent value and must be treated with dignity.

Following these shootings, the conversation about gun rights has escalated both in Washington and around the nation. Lawmakers with varying political ideologies have proposed and will continue to propose ideas they believe could help curb gun violence. I realize many individuals are concerned with legislation that may restrict access to guns as calls for greater gun control increase—be assured that I will continue to uphold the Second Amendment while seeking solutions to improve safety and prevent further heartbreaking atrocities. I believe we can prevent future attacks with the proper enforcement of current laws and the development of forward-thinking, effective laws that do not impinge on law-abiding citizens' Second Amendment rights clearly established in the Constitution. Our Founders believed that the people's right to keep and bear firearms is an important check on the powers of the government and "necessary to the security of a free State."

I have taken your comments under consideration and will keep them in mind as I review the various proposals that are circulating in Washington on this extremely important issue. I look forward to continuing to work with President Trump and my colleagues in the Senate to ensure that our Second Amendment rights are upheld and protected.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please feel free to contact me again in the future. If you are interested in keeping up with my work in the Senate, I encourage you to sign up for my newsletter. You can do that by visiting: http://www.inhofe.senate.gov/newsletter/sign-up.

Sincerely,

James M. Inhofe
United States Senator
iqtrk.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom