Underground Vegas estate lets you weather the apocalypse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is AWESOME!! Right out of that movie with Alicia Silverstone and Brenden Fraser "Blast From The Past". I would love to have an underground house...no heating or AC needed, no tornado worries, want to make your house bigger just dig an extra room or two plus there's that whole just in case everything goes to hell thing also. A house 28' down might save your life, not like these guys on the prepper TV shows who are planning to survive in a shelter or a shipping container with 5 or 10 feet of soil on top.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yanno, there are a LOT of caves near Miami, Okla and Joplin MO. I've been in the Americold food storage warehouses which are underground at Carthage MO. I used to drive an 18-wheeler for a food company out of OKC and we'd go there every Thursday night. They're huge, lots of them, and many are interconnected. The Americold facilities are just like an above ground food storage warehouse, except in these caves. Man I tell you, they are huge, lots of 18 wheelers driving around underground is an amazing sight.

The reason I mention this is that I always thought it'd be great to have a place in a cave. Unless everybody else decides to show up and barge in.

Anyway, there are LOTS and LOTS of caves in this area, and many are used for legitimate commercial uses, and I've heard there are some on private land used to, lets put it this way, illegal crops.

You'd need power for lights and climate control, etc, but man what a great place to be when and if the SHTF.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ever since I watched the descent I have lost my love of caves. LOL seriously though this is cool, I always liked underground houses. I don't know if its because im a realtor or what but i really like weird or off the wall houses. I guess because I see so much of the sameness.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like lots of electric appliances in that pad....might be cool to party in but I ain't going in there for doomsday unless there is a whole army up top protecting my generator and source of breathable air.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never hole up underground.
Takes nothing but a method to shut off the air supply to get the occupants out of the bunker.

You have to have O2. Cut it off, and they are done.

My preference is above ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom