Urban Survival- Situational Profiling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P Nation said:
2 or fewer is too much uncertainty for an action, 4 or more is too late for an action once a hostile scenario has presented itself, according to the FBIs behavioral science division which hosted a portion of a course I attended.

The wording of your post sort of negates your whole premise. You are talking about making observations that the sum of their parts would lead you to a conclusion that something is terribly wrong. 2 observations isn't enough to take any action(with no other information) but 4 observations AFTER THE HOSTILE SCENARIO presents itself is too late. 1 observation is too much AFTER THE SITUATION HAS ALREADY PRESENTED ITSELF.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's not make it a pissing contest :)

I can vouch for Jerry and Alex

Let's keep it to the original subject

Just for clarification to everyone, I wasn't calling P Nation out. I was merely pointing out that we tend to be a skeptical bunch, and with good reason. While there are tons of posers out there in the training realm these days, there are also some real deal folks who train but don't list who they are or where they come from. Southnarc immediately comes to mind, though I think he's out of UC work these days and a little more in the open.

We also have established trainers with whom we might disagree on certain things. We already have a thread open on Rob Pincus in that regard. As a potential trainee, you have to establish a baseline somewhere from which to make an informed opinion. That's best done with a known quantity, rather than an unknown. If your first ever class is with an unknown and they happen to be a poser, how will you know?

Another thing to consider is dogma. It's everywhere these days. Ingrained response is good, ingrained dogma is bad. Dogma will keep you from exploring new thoughts and new techniques. It's a fine line between keeping yourself open to new ideas, and having such an open mind that your brains fall out frequently though. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom