Urban Survival- Situational Profiling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

P Nation

One thing I've noticed is that you don't establish your bona fides, either here or on your website. Those who've trained with you say you impart good information without condescension, yet your text imparts a bit of it here.

Agreed. Apologies if I came off a bit strong. I don't advertise my background or any of my instructors backgrounds for the simple reason that each of us still play an active role in the War on Terror. We also don't want to attract people on account of our backgrounds but instead, those who have a genuine passion for protection of themselves and their families.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P Nation: I'm not sure if post #9 was a response to my post #8. But I was trying to shift gears from the criticism and wit to have a thoughtful discussion of the information you presented. Please don't interpret my skepticism as incredulity. I'm eager to learn from anyone's relevant experience or skill. But I have yet to encounter, even among the most reputable, a trainer/instructor with whom I agree on every single point.

I am honestly interested in your response to #8.

P

P Nation

No, that was not at all directed at you. I completely agree that specific anomalies rate specific actions. Good judgement is critical. A violation of a baseline could be a bus full of Chinese showing up at a Taco Bueno in north Tulsa. The point of the post was to expose the inner workings of true profiling (according to the FBI) and to help an individual identify what is happening around him, similar to Cooper's Color Code. It's a great way to buy yourself that split second of time when the decision comes to Fight or Fly.

Hope that answers your question. I can dig deeper if you need.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agreed. Apologies if I came off a bit strong. I don't advertise my background or any of my instructors backgrounds for the simple reason that each of us still play an active role in the War on Terror. We also don't want to attract people on account of our backgrounds but instead, those who have a genuine passion for protection of themselves and their families.

Must be a new operator to this theater, huh? :D

And btw, there are several of us here who can vouch for Jerry's "bona fides", just so you know.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the topic...is the "three anomoly" rule built from empirical data or just from personal observations?

P

P Nation

Personal observations, based off of the pattern of life of the area. The world we live in is so dynamic and evolves so rapidly that we are not always seeing the same scenarios play out so more often than not, anomalies are based off of abnormal actions cross referenced with your gut instinct. Does that make sense?

P

P Nation

2 or fewer is too much uncertainty for an action, 4 or more is too late for an action once a hostile scenario has presented itself, according to the FBIs behavioral science division which hosted a portion of a course I attended.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pose this question. If a CCW draws his gun per your rule of 3 and the lazy high schooler who didn't refill the coffee comes out of the John to you standing there gun in hand what are you going to say in your defense when the police arrive???

"Well sir per the FBI behavioral science group..."

I can't say for certain but I can almost guarantee you'd be charged with something.

I understand your story says assume you are a police officer but does a civilian who just walked into an active murder not deserve the same latitude in protecting their own life? Which would be the reason the LEO would supposedly draw in the same situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom