USAA Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched to USAA from Liberty Mutual at the beginning of the year. I had been with LM for decades, but could not resist the substantial savings offered by USAA on home and auto. I also got a separate policy on valuable items.

hfa68

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little late to the party. I've had USAA back 80's when I was in the Army. I now have been back with them for the past 7 years with 1 accident (Daughter played tag with an older truck and lost). Loved the customer service and quick response. My father, sister, and me all USAA for home and auto insurance.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched from usaa to liberty mutual last year on auto for the savings. I had insurance with them of one kind or another for 24 years. I never licked the 6mo policy they had and liberty mutual has a 1yr policy. Funny thing is that I sell insurance and find we beat liberty mutual a majority of the time.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am considering changing my homeowners and auto insurance from State Farm to USAA. Any experiences, claims, etc. that may influence my choice?

USAA is exensive but quality insurance. I had both auto and home thru them for about 3 years. I switched to AAA and cut my annual home premium in half and got better coverage. Cut auto by a 1/3 and got same coverage.

USAA is subject to the same process as every insurance company I've dealt with since I got old enough to buy insurance - price creep. Buy a policy and the price just seems to go up every year. I've gotten to the point that about every 3 or 4 years I'm switching out of one company and into another.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
USAA wants $5,000 deductible on a roof that has been ruined by hail. AAA is more reasonable on their homeowners insurance and the deductible is $2,000. There is $1,000 increase if I switch to USAA for the policy alone-then comes the deductible. Of course I haven't used AAA yet for a claim so that remains to be seen. However USAA has a reputation on paying for damage that is unrivaled. That alone is why I'm giving some thought to going to USAA.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do other companies have the same thing as the USAA Subscriber Savings Account? For those who do not know, a portion of the USAA profits is shared with customers in an account. Once a persons account reaches a certain level, the disburse some of the money back to the person in the form of a "rebate" check. Makes a significant difference on what your actual annual premium amounts to.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mutual and Reciprocal Exchanges can all pay dividend refunds back to policyholders, who own the company through ownership of their policies

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately usaa has never been competitive for me. Their service is great but I got better coverage for a decent bit less through farmers. I use them for a bunch of services, insurance just isn't one of them.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to add this, USAA sent me a check for $800 about 8 months after I switched to AAA. That has made me rethink their pice on insurance, $800 is a big chunk off of the top of premium. I'll probably go back to them.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to add this, USAA sent me a check for $800 about 8 months after I switched to AAA. That has made me rethink their pice on insurance, $800 is a big chunk off of the top of premium. I'll probably go back to them.
That wasn't savings. That was a refund from the premium you had paid prior to switching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom