Using electronic muffs while wearing foam plugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried it with various electronic muffs but still without success. The muffs don't seem to amplify ambient sounds enough to be practical. My current muffs are Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs.

This is for field use. For range use I use ordinary non-electric muffs with foam plugs.

I'd like to wear foam plugs with electronic muffs and be able to hear leaves rustling, etc.

Suggestions?

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peltors. Seriously. They are that much better than HL’s.
Ok. Next question. Where can I buy them and be assured I'm not getting counterfeits? In researching this subject, I'm reading that many times, people are getting inferior knock-offs.

And they specify Amazon vendors as the chief culprit.

I've looked at Bass Pro and they don't sell Peltor. Academy doesn't have electronic Peltor.

Sports World?

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just don’t buy the $45 ones on Amazon and you’ll likely not get fakes.
Can look at Midway USA, Botach and some of the other sporting goods retailers. Weird because Academy and BPS used to carry them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have worn MSA Supreme Pro-X for many years. I only have a Left Ear that works. They help me immensely with hearing in the woods and the range. Another thing I like about them is Battery Life, they don’t use much and batteries last a long time. Only downside is they are pricey!

Oh, and no ear plugs are needed.

FEA51E05-B9CF-4F10-ACC7-EFDB5FD78FFB.jpegA0BD192D-DE9C-4AD6-A1FC-9C16211F18E9.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom