Using your gun to save your life or your childs life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We live on 5 acres in the country and I never imagined that I might have to use my gun walking around in my own yard. Tell all of your wives that having a gun on you can save your life and your children. We have to keep our guns close when we are just walking around the land. We have bobcats, coons that come on the back porch but 2 days ago it was a battle with a large snake. Copperheads love my yard and I am grateful I know how to shoot. My sons are 7 and they almost walked right on top of the snake. Those snakes hide well. Now I think I will get a lot of target practice in my own yard.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My cousin has 160 acres and 8 dogs so he always kills poisonous snakes when he sees them.When he's brush hogging or just walking around he carrys his Kimber with a mag full of snake shot (has copperheads and water mocassins) and a spare mag with 200 gr. Gold Dots. Steve

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 50 acres in Southeast Osage County with a big 2+ acre pond in the middle. I have seen a LOT of snakes in the water and on land this year. In fact, I shot a rattle snake right at the base of the stairs off the porch of my cabin just this past Saturday.

I've sort of gotten out of the habit of carrying when I'm working out on my property but I think I'd better start again. It does seem like the only time I need a gun out there is when I don't have one. :)

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom