Value or comments. Browning 9mm value.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One mistake people make when trying to value their items is trying to add value with stories. It sounds like there aren't capture papers or anything showing it to be a WW2 bringback.

With that being said, it is simply a nice condition vintage Browning. No reason to go on about all the liberation and connection to Goring.

I bet it's worth $1200 to the right end user if you can find him. Local it's probably a $1000 pistol.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How’d the soldier come by the HG arm band? The division ended the war in the area around Bautzen, some 150 miles SE of Berlin.
Possibly he acquired the band from a member of the Hermann Goering Division, an elite force with the Wehrmacht. I understand that Patton's forces went up against them in the Sicily campaign.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possibly he acquired the band from a member of the Hermann Goering Division, an elite force with the Wehrmacht. I understand that Patton's forces went up against them in the Sicily campaign.

I know what the formation was: “The division ended the war in the area around Bautzen…” I just wondered how a soldier who took part in the Battle for Berlin could have gotten the arm band from a formation that was at the time fighting 150 miles away from Berlin. The division, incidentally, tried to break through the Soviet cordon to reach the Americans on the Elbe, but were forced to surrender to the Russians instead.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One mistake people make when trying to value their items is trying to add value with stories. It sounds like there aren't capture papers or anything showing it to be a WW2 bringback.

With that being said, it is simply a nice condition vintage Browning. No reason to go on about all the liberation and connection to Goring.

I bet it's worth $1200 to the right end user if you can find him. Local it's probably a $1000 pistol.
I put any 'connecton' to Goring to rest in post 1 and 10. I thought the gun being from Germany, which it is,
would be a subject for a gun forum and of interest to some.
Still working on getting the gun back in my hands to take the grip off and get better pics.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put any 'connecton' to Goring to rest in post 1 and 10. I thought the gun being from Germany, which it is,
would be a subject for a gun forum and of interest to some.
Still working on getting the gun back in my hands to take the grip off and get better pics.

Point remains...there is no provenance to show anything that you are using for "interest" or to present while looking for value. Your entire post is bringing up and discussing WW2 and Nazis and later embedding a YT video of Goring. I don't see any bringback papers or documentation to make it anything other than a gun out of Grandpa's safe.

It is a nice condition Belgium made Browning Hi-power and that is the value. There is zero documented connection to Germany or even WW2 so the story is just that, a random story. I think it is worth $1200ish. If it had the stock it would be worth more. If it had bringback papers or was a documented War trophy it would be worth significantly more as it would have historical value to add.

I see someone here offering $800 - that's a good start; I'd take anything between $1000 - $1200 if I owned it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom