Wader question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I’ve got a question for my OSA waterfowl brethren. I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while.

I have a pair of Drake breathable waders. I prefer them to neoprene because it’s easier to layer in them, they dry quicker and are more comfortable.

Here’s my question:

When I sit in the blind in the Drake waders, they puff up like the marshmallow man and usually don’t release the air until I take them off. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution? I’m thinking it’s because I’m fat and the air can’t escape thanks to my muffin top?

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plus if you use the hose you can put an anti siphon valve on it and hook it up to your naughty part to pee. Kinda like killin two birds with one stone. 😁👍

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plus if you use the hose you can put an anti siphon valve on it and hook it up to your naughty part to pee. Kinda like killin two birds with one stone. 😁👍
Ain’t nuthin more fun that figuring out how to peel all your gear off you to let the squirrel go. Wait, the fun actually begins with the challenge of not getting any of your pee pee on your gear that you have to put back on! It’s a challenge in which I am seldom to succeed!

Besides, sitting on a hose might bring back painful memories from drunken nights college…did I say that aloud? Oops!

I thought about trying to put in a siphon valve, but I don’t trust neither the valve or my ability to make it waterproof (my glue gun skills are lackluster but y’all take note-if your pickup has an inverter ((if it doesn’t, add one)) always pack a glue gun for emergency wader repair!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom