Walther PDP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the Gen 1 optic lugs (or lack of) were concerned, this was also proved to be a non-issue. I'm very active in the Walther circles and I've never seen nor heard of anyone having issues with their optic plate shearing off and it was actually torture tested and they couldn't get the screws to break. T

This was never "proven". Walther spent a lot of time and energy trying to convince everyone their tests proved what worked for no other gun/optic worked for them.

It's like the tobacco companies paying doctors to do studies that show cigarettes are good for you.

Again, there is a reason they changed it on the Gen 2 and stuck us Gen 1 owners with an inferior product. People are moving back away from striker fired polymer guns now anyway so it's probably a moot point for new buyers.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was never "proven". Walther spent a lot of time and energy trying to convince everyone their tests proved what worked for no other gun/optic worked for them.

It's like the tobacco companies paying doctors to do studies that show cigarettes are good for you.

Again, there is a reason they changed it on the Gen 2 and stuck us Gen 1 owners with an inferior product. People are moving back away from striker fired polymer guns now anyway so it's probably a moot point for new buyers.
I'm talking about independent Guntubers like Mr Gunsngear who intentionally put the PDP's Gen 1 optic system thru a hard torture test to see if the optic would come off and it didn't move.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always hear they’re floppy. That’s a strange criticism. But at the same time, it’s oddly specific to be heard so often, so maybe there’s something to it. I don’t know that I want a “floppy” shooting gun.
I think you're referring to "snappy", but that's because the PDP is oversprung with an 18lb recoil spring. I went with a stainless steel guide rod with a 12lb spring and the PDP is a joy to shoot. I own 3, including the F series.

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're referring to "snappy", but that's because the PDP is oversprung with an 18lb recoil spring. I went with a stainless steel guide rod with a 12lb spring and the PDP is a joy to shoot. I own 3, including the F series.
I’ve heard that too but specifically ‘floppy’. I assume that’s still something to do with its recoil cycling. Maybe that in addition to rearward recoil there’s excessive forward dip upon returning to battery? That’s what it would mean to me.

But I dunno, I’m talking out of my element. I don’t own one. I bet it’s a nice pistol.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard that too but specifically ‘floppy’. I assume that’s still something to do with its recoil cycling. Maybe that in addition to rearward recoil there’s excessive forward dip upon returning to battery? That’s what it would mean to me.

But I dunno, I’m talking out of my element. I don’t own one. I bet it’s a nice pistol.
Lol....I'm sorry, but I've been in the Walther circles for a couple of years now and I've honestly never heard that term. It doesn't mean it's not out there, but I've not heard it until now. We learn something new every day!
If you're interested in one, I highly recommend trying one out before you buy it and make up your own mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom