Wanenmacher's Morality Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a strange occurrence today at the show; stopped in front of a guy's table - he was there with his wife, and appeared to be either a small vendor, or maybe just a private Joe. There was a lump of folded up bills on the table (down and away from them), and I picked them up. Appeared to be three or four ones and a twenty - I don't think there was more than one twenty, but I didn't dig too deep into it. It was laying next to a row of bayonets. I asked him if he'd sold a bayonet just a bit ago, and he said he did; I showed him the bills, and he said, "no - someone must have laid it down and forgot it." He took it and laid it on the table near him, and said he'd see if they came back for it. Now I know damned good and well where that went. Should I have just kept it? Kind of feel like an idiot for just turning it over to him to keep, but I suspected he'd sold a bayo and forgot to pick up the cash. Being a small-time guy, paying for a table, and probably not making one hell of a lot, I thought it right to give him "his" cash. If I'd have been him, I'd have handed it back, and tough titty for the guy who left it. I'll know better next time.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was the monetary one; some guy left a bag with a can of Ballistol on another guy's table; showed it to him and had him hang onto it. Told him "someone will be back looking for this". Must have been some sloppy gunshowing today by some folks.

As for the "next time" comment, I'll know better than to just hand it over before I know he didn't lose it. But you're all right - done, and move on.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just hope that someone did come back and claim the money. The vendor is responsible for what's left at the table. Maybe not legally but morally, if it's brought to his attention. Just hope he got the chance to do the right thing too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom