Want to Buy a Decommissioned Supercomputer? Here’s Your Chance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could write all I know about computers on the back of a floppy disk with a paint brush (not too sure what one looks like though); but I did save an old, California made, Mac 2 that's still functional (I think) for posterity that might make a good tradeable someday.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could write all I know about computers on the back of a floppy disk with a paint brush (not too sure what one looks like though); but I did save an old, California made, Mac 2 that's still functional (I think) for posterity that might make a good tradeable someday.

Not sure whether you need a picture of a floppy disk or a paint brush, so I'll post pictures of both. However, I suggest using artist's paint brushes to regular paint brushes when writing on floppies.

Floppies in 8-inch, 5 1/4-inch, and 3 1/2-inch sizes.

Floppy Disks.jpg

Artist's paint brushes.

Paint Brushes.jpg

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Terry!
I thought those disk pics looked floppy, & I do enjoy painting in details with similar brushes.

I've just avoided most types of (ever changing) tech & media formats for so long that it's too late for most of them to be applicable these days anyway. DVD vs CD is gradually sinkin' in.
Thumb Drives are another Mystery to me, & 'Painting' with a 'Mouse' just seems cruel.
I CAN, however do things the 'Ye Olde Fashioned' way.... & CAN tell the difference between a 45/78/33 RPM records. I also recognize Edison wax cylinders. I'm even hep to Piano Rolls & Punched Metal Music Discs!

How menny o' you young WhimperSkampers kin pick THEM outta a line-up?
The good news?
When the big EMP (Natural or....otherwise) hits, you'll all hafta stop by to make sure it's not the 'Day the Music Died'.
....Just kidding;
(I hope)

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The funny part is:
Whenever I (often) have issues with 'Modern Technology'- I can usually solve them by consulting a good friend & neighbor. He's 80 (at least), owns just about every type of electronic device & gadget, & has been messing around with radios & building TVs since I was born.
A guy has to be very patient to do 'that'.
(Both build/repair electronics & put up with my ignorance).

Latest posts

Top Bottom