Warm Weather Carry---IWB Tucked Over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuancb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy everyone! I've got a question for y'all. I'm switching over from my cold weather weapon (1911) to one more practical for warm weather (CA Bulldog). I usually carry IWB with a loose shirt covering everything but I noticed that I can tuck my shirt in around the Bulldog and it doesn't print much at all. It does, however, obviously show the clip over (or under) my belt. Is that a problem? Is that too conspicuous?

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good question to me; I thought about when I get my IWB that I ordered, I'm going to try to put my Cell Phone and Case over that. It might be too much bulk in that one spot, but thats a suggestion you can try.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy everyone! I've got a question for y'all. I'm switching over from my cold weather weapon (1911) to one more practical for warm weather (CA Bulldog). I usually carry IWB with a loose shirt covering everything but I noticed that I can tuck my shirt in around the Bulldog and it doesn't print much at all. It does, however, obviously show the clip over (or under) my belt. Is that a problem? Is that too conspicuous?
I have been carrying a full size Glock like that for years. The only time I have had any problems is when I did not have the shirt tucked in over the weapon. Even then one couple either did not see it or did not say anything. The other time the guy ask if I was a cop and when I said no, that I did have a concealed carry license, he just ask me some questions about it.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a K&D holster that is tuckable that I carry my full size 1911 in year round that has two clips that hook over the belt and so far no one has ever noticed and if they did they didn't say anything to me.

Someone on here once said that the sheeple will never notice and so far so good.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 3" 1911 in a tuck-able Tucker Gun Leather holster all year around. Shorts and Tees. I do wear a (pardon the expression, ladies) "wife beater" under my T or other shirt. I carry the spare mag in a leather pocket mag carrier on my weak side. There is a clip in the 3:00 but no one notices.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most trainers nix shoulder holsters and for good reason (primarily safe training?). You may have see this Kangaroo Carry holster already. I invested the $36.00 and find it a viable carry method. Not a belly band and I am most comfortable with the top just below the solar plexus. You need to be able to rip buttons in a hurry but a small pistol and two mags are very concealable under any shirt.

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry a 1911, but I carry my XD year round in a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB and it hides just fine even under a t-shirt. I almost always wear an undershirt just for comfort, but it hides very well.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blouse your shirt a little. Most people won't even notice the extra belt clips and if they do, chances are they conceal carry themselves or am a firearms enthusiast.

I carry with a crossbreed supertuck and have tucked my shirt over my gun on occasions. Even with the obnoxious metal clips with the crosses on them, no one has ever noticed them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom