well he vetoed it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
has anyone heard of any of this above "pros or cons" being a issue in any of the other 40+ states that it is already passed (no), i myself wont open carry but i think it atleast a step towards more freedom...:patriot:

You make the point many are missing. Open carry states just don't have the real or imagined issues our legislature and Mr. Henry seem to imagine.

Some of our fellow forum members seem to have some imagined issues also.
Blood in the street... tactical disadvantage... if you cannot manage to cover your gun... you shouldnt carry one...etc etc et al.

Even the Troopers Association is vilified here.. somehow a UNION got this thing overturned. The statement they made ... adressed the potential WORK and OFFICER SAFETY issues that should be adressed by the leadership of a collective bargaining agent. Seems we are buying into some idea that the Troopers Association talked the Government to overturning this bill.

Bottom line...WE NEED TO CLEAN OUT THE STATE HOUSE.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK... I was taught in a constitutional law class I took way back when in college that LEO are not supposed to have any more power or authority than the citizens they protect i.e. the constitution....

This is a perfect example of what I am referring to when I say that it is important that people educated on the topic do our interpreting of the constitution.

Police officers are SPECIFICALLY vested with more authority than the citizens they protect in a more varied number of circumstances in to give them the ability to preserve order. I.E. the ability to pass through a red light enroute to a call if the circumstances warrant.

This is an important distinction especially given that the people to be policed grant the police this special power.

When people start blabbering about American law enforcement being like the Gestapo, it tells me that they have never lived with any real oppression.

I think this thread has gone from intelligent discussion to plain silly in a few uninformed posts.

Thus it is done.

Michael Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom