Well, I finally done it - Social Security, it ain't social, and it ain't security.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can interest, dividends and investment income effect the SS monthly payments?
No. Only if you continue working after recieving SS payments and it changes as you get older.
I think if you work after 70 or 72 yrs old, you can earn all you want. Prior to that what you earn over a certain level it reduces your SS payment. I don't remember it all exactly, but when I chose to retire at 62.5 yrs old, It was because I'd never have to work for a wage again.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that $12.65 per hour a state mandated minimum wage codified into law?
I looked it up Minimum-Wage.org - Minimum Wage Rates, History, and Labor Law Info it's $12.80 now

In addition to any Arizona-specific minimum wage exemptions described above, the Federal Fair Labor Standards act defines special minimum wage rates applicable to certain types of workers. You may be paid under the Arizona minimum wage if you fit into one of the following categories:
  • Arizona Under 20 Minimum Wage - $4.25 - Federal law allows any employer in Arizona to pay a new employee who is under 20 years of age a training wage of $4.25 per hour for the first 90 days of employment.
  • Arizona Student Minimum Wage - $10.88 - Full-time high school or college students who work part-time may be paid 85% of the Arizona minimum wage (as little as $10.88 per hour) for up to 20 hours of work per week at certain employers (such as work-study programs at universities).
  • Arizona Tipped Minimum Wage - See Here - Employees who earn a certain amount of tips every month may be paid a lower cash minimum wage, but must earn at least $12.80 including tips every hour. For more details, read about the Arizona tipped minimum wage.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked it up Minimum-Wage.org - Minimum Wage Rates, History, and Labor Law Info it's $12.80 now

In addition to any Arizona-specific minimum wage exemptions described above, the Federal Fair Labor Standards act defines special minimum wage rates applicable to certain types of workers. You may be paid under the Arizona minimum wage if you fit into one of the following categories:
  • Arizona Under 20 Minimum Wage - $4.25 - Federal law allows any employer in Arizona to pay a new employee who is under 20 years of age a training wage of $4.25 per hour for the first 90 days of employment.
  • Arizona Student Minimum Wage - $10.88 - Full-time high school or college students who work part-time may be paid 85% of the Arizona minimum wage (as little as $10.88 per hour) for up to 20 hours of work per week at certain employers (such as work-study programs at universities).
  • Arizona Tipped Minimum Wage - See Here - Employees who earn a certain amount of tips every month may be paid a lower cash minimum wage, but must earn at least $12.80 including tips every hour. For more details, read about the Arizona tipped minimum wage.
Thanks for the information. We are pretty heavy tippers and we will be in Arizona next year.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's weird and scary and mysterious and such referring to how I have manged to live to this age.

Medicare is about as far away as my mailbox, be on it in the time it takes a gallon of milk to go bad.

Social Security, well that's one more carton of bad milk.

It's here, walking up and sidewalk and gonna kick in my door.

I have applied for and received my Medicare card, Supplement and Part D cards too.
They take effect scary soon.

Andy Rooney? Remember Andy Rooney? Years ago I was watching him at the end of 60 minutes when he said something I've never forgotten. It has stuck in my brain like a bolted on sign.

Andy said this: I hadn't planned on getting old, but it just happened anyway. And it'll happen to you too.... if you're lucky.

That'll get your attention, at least mine it did

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to DEMAND more of our money. With all the inflation We can't afford a new roof, or even get repairs due to Calif moving in on us. And our medicare and deductibles or even higher. Same for Auto repairs now at $125. per hour. Hell, mim wage is $12.65 and hour for a 15 year old kid I think here in AZ.
But since O Vomit want to keep our Borders Open and paying for all their needs, be are forgotten... AGAIN. Over 2.1 Million so far this year that has been caught. Guessing half that or more that never got caught. But they somehow get Gov Assistance.
I'm thinking I might go see if I can get Food Stamps or SNAPP I guess they call it now!
I agree, but where do I start? I understand, had our SS money that we, and our employers were forced to pay in all these years, been deposited in, Insured Bank CD's, we would all be millionaires! had it been invested carefully in the stock market, we would all be BILLIONAIRES! DANG! I just figured out how all these CROOKED POLITICIANS, ON BOTH SIDES, BECOME BILLIONAIRES OVER NIGHT? I know of a small town that has a chicken processing plant. This is the only industry in this town. This is a dirty, smelly, low paying job, and most of the workers are illegal aliens. These poor people are payed so little, they all qualify for food stamps, housing assistance, child care, etc. The politically powerful in this small pond, most of whom I know personally, own the grocery store, apartment complex, etc. In effect we the tax payers, are SUBISDIZING this chicken processing plant, apartment building, grosery store, by helping these poor people eat, and have shelter, but in fact we are making these big boys RICH! ICE makes a raid once, or twice a year, and deports several bus loads of illegal aliens, they must fly them where ever they are taken, because THE VERY SAME PEOPLE ARE BACK IN A COUPLE OF DAYS! I GUESS THAT WAY THEY DON'T HAVE TO RETRAIN WORKERS? Until we clean up the political corruption on the top, this will continue! OVERWHEM THE NEXT RIGGED ELECTION WITH LEGITIMATE VOTES, THEN WITNESS THE VOTE COUNT, IF ALLOWED? NOW WE ALL KNOW WHY MOST POLITICIANS ON BOTH SIDES DON'T WANT TO ACTUALLY STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! THIS WORK FORCE KEEP THOUSANDS OF LESS DESIRABLE TYPE JOBS FILLED, ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY, FOR SLAVE WAGES, AND THE POLITICAILLY POWERFUL ARE PAYED TO MAKE SURE THIS CONTINUES!! WE ALL KNOW PRESIDENT TRUMP IS PERHAPS THE ONLY POLITICIAN, THAT DON'T NEED, OR WANT, THE BRIBE MONEY, HE HAD RATHER HAVE THE NOTIRITY OF WINNING AGAINST OVERWHELMING ODDS! VOTE!!!!!!!!! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO SO MUCH TROUBLE TO DISCREDIT HIM?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to DEMAND more of our money. With all the inflation We can't afford a new roof, or even get repairs due to Calif moving in on us. And our medicare and deductibles or even higher. Same for Auto repairs now at $125. per hour. Hell, mim wage is $12.65 and hour for a 15 year old kid I think here in AZ.
But since O Vomit want to keep our Borders Open and paying for all their needs, be are forgotten... AGAIN. Over 2.1 Million so far this year that has been caught. Guessing half that or more that never got caught. But they somehow get Gov Assistance.
I'm thinking I might go see if I can get Food Stamps or SNAPP I guess they call it now!
I suppose I ought to be thankful that I'm alive and able to pay income taxes to support O'Brien's illegals. I am not thankful my taxes go to illegals! My dad came legally to this country and paid his own way and that's the way it should be today but politicians want their votes so they'll give our money to anyone but the taxpayer!

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it very troubling that the politicians keep talking about SS and Medicare system running out of money. That’s my money…I paid into this damn system for 50 years…. I want it all back. Why is it Nobody ever talks about welfare running out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom