What’s this Jeep worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
2014 with only 33k on it. KBB only gives the 6sp auto or the 5sp manual option but my brother says it has the 8sp auto in it. The tires are original so those would need changed. I’m not really up on value/demand. KBB says 20-22k. Is that pretty close?
TIA
4D294C4D-6549-4ED9-A98D-EF4349E7E481.jpeg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK a $$ amount for you but the way Jeeps hold resale value is mind numbing. Subaru too.

My daughter just traded her 4 door that was 3 or 4 years old, lifted, wheels, and pretty decked out along with a little Chevy car that she bought for her daughter and was terribly way upside down on. She got a new Miata and the jeep basically covered the outstanding loan on the Chevy.

My Ex got $18k when she totaled the Crosstrek we had bought almost 4 years prior and she had rolled up 125k miles on. We only paid $19,900 for it (used with 26K miles at the dealer). So we/she got to drive it for almost 4 years and for a 125,000 miles and the cost for that was $2000? :faint: Still can't wrap my head around that one.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2014 Wrangler is a 5-speed automatic. 8 speed is not an option for that year and 6-speed is manual shift. You should be able to get 20k out of it. List it for 22 and see what happens.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d deal with my wife making me sleep in the doghouse and buy it as is for about $15,000 if y’all wanna offer an okshooter discount! But if you clean it up, put 5 new tires on it and put in the effort to list it privately on FB or whatnot, I think it’s worth around $18-21k in this market. The biggest thing you have against you is not many folks have $20k sitting around, and banks are iffy on 10 years so you’re right at the cusp. It’s much easier to sell a $7500 car than a $20k car I’ve learned, esp these days. Older low mileage vehicles tend to be a gold mine for the buyer, but kind of a wincer for the seller because the values are only marginally higher than high mileage rigs these days. 100k miles is the new 50k miles.

I had a 2014 and a 2017 4 door. I bought the 2014 for 24k new, the 2017 4 door for 27k used so yall are doing great no matter what you get for it. They really are great rigs, despite their reputation. I would only caution to list it soon as the used market is slowly starting to turn a bit more aggressively.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like to me the dealer lots are fillin up - is the crazy on used stuff slowing down a little?

I’d deal with my wife making me sleep in the doghouse and buy it as is for about $15,000 if y’all wanna offer an okshooter discount! But if you clean it up, put 5 new tires on it and put in the effort to list it privately on FB or whatnot, I think it’s worth around $18-21k in this market. The biggest thing you have against you is not many folks have $20k sitting around, and banks are iffy on 10 years so you’re right at the cusp. It’s much easier to sell a $7500 car than a $20k car I’ve learned, esp these days. Older low mileage vehicles tend to be a gold mine for the buyer, but kind of a wincer for the seller because the values are only marginally higher than high mileage rigs these days. 100k miles is the new 50k miles.

I had a 2014 and a 2017 4 door. I bought the 2014 for 24k new, the 2017 4 door for 27k used so yall are doing great no matter what you get for it. They really are great rigs, despite their reputation. I would only caution to list it soon as the used market is slowly starting to turn a bit more aggressively.
Yeah, the market is definitely slowing down. We’ll try and get it listed ASAP.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2014 with only 33k on it. KBB only gives the 6sp auto or the 5sp manual option but my brother says it has the 8sp auto in it. The tires are original so those would need changed. I’m not really up on value/demand. KBB says 20-22k. Is that pretty close?
TIA
View attachment 468122
Please let me know when ready to sell.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2009 Silverado fell in the “death loan” range at $17k. Banks would only loan a fraction of the book value. I listed it on Autotrader and had 18 scammers the first day. I listed it on Facebutt and Craigscamlist got a low baller or scammer every day.

“Yes I know what it books for, did you read the description???” Was my standard reply.

I was patient and found a buyer who knew what the truck had and he had cash. He made an offer, I countered and he agreed to buy it sight unseen. He drove over from Kellyville with a 3” stack of $100 bills. I did the right thing and took them all.
Figure out what it’s worth, what you will take for it and be patient.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom