What a day.... motorcyclists , PLEASE WEAR YOUR HELMETS!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel naked without my helmet and full gear but the nice thing about our state is that YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!!! And we get to practice Darwinism. :)
Bottom line... Don't wear it if you don't want to.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freedom isn't free. I'm paying for your freedom to have the wind in your hair, not to mention the bugs in your teeth.

Every time a biker gets a TBI or some such from not wearing a helmet, it either jacks up insurance rates a little more, or if said biker is uninsured, it comes out of some pool of tax monies or causes the medical facility to eventually charge more to paying patients. Perhaps one in a hundred can just pay the bill, but it's rare.

Some of you have been quite clear. You know this, but you just don't care.

Oklahoma used to have a helmet law. Our chickenshit legislature repealed it under pressure from demonstrating bikers.

Put your head in jeopardy all you want. Just make sure you have the funds to keep you out of my insurance pool and off the welfare rolls.

We're all tied together, as much as many would like to pretend we're not. If we weren't, the world would be a much different place.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freedom isn't free. I'm paying for your freedom to have the wind in your hair, not to mention the bugs in your teeth.

Every time a biker gets a TBI or some such from not wearing a helmet, it either jacks up insurance rates a little more, or if said biker is uninsured, it comes out of some pool of tax monies or causes the medical facility to eventually charge more to paying patients. Perhaps one in a hundred can just pay the bill, but it's rare.

Some of you have been quite clear. You know this, but you just don't care.

Oklahoma used to have a helmet law. Our chickenshit legislature repealed it under pressure from demonstrating bikers.

Put your head in jeopardy all you want. Just make sure you have the funds to keep you out of my insurance pool and off the welfare rolls.

We're all tied together, as much as many would like to pretend we're not. If we weren't, the world would be a much different place.

So we have hundreds of car wrecks every day, people hurt, killed, disabled. Many drivers are uninsured or under insured and driving up costs.
Speaking of the welfare rolls, we have more people on welfare, Medicare, food stamps, disability, etc. than ever. We have natural disasters out the azz driving up insurance rates. Baby boomers busting up health insurance rates, Affordable Care Act jacking everything up. Malpractice lawsuits, workers comp, fraud and abuse....what else am I missing?

And your complaining about a few grown adults who don't wear their helmets when they are enjoying a recreational activity? ( Of which only a very few of them sustain the injuries that are driving your concerns) That's what is commonly known as a drop in the bucket.
While I understand your concerns, you might focus them where they would actually make a difference. Or you can lobby for the banning if motorcycles. That'll solve the problem. ;)
Priorities man.

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have been riding since I was 14, and I will not take my bike around the block without a helmet on. My family has too much to lose for me to look cool. Also, like others have said, I am much less worried about my riding skill than I am the 16 old kid who has been behind the wheel for a week with a phone in their hand.

The closest I have come to an accident came in 2000 when I was in Sturgis with my dad. We were going down the interstate about 75 miles an hour and a group of bikes went flying around us like we were on the side of the road watching. About 3 miles down the road we saw the same group, but two of the bikes were under a pickup, and one of the guys was dead. I am sure they had been drinking, and they sure as hell were driving recklessly, but it still scared me to see it firsthand. I have worn a helmet ever since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom