What did you use to light your safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of those battery powered tap lights works pretty good, is cheap and needs no external power source.

I've thought about those, but having outlets in the safe I was thinking of using the strips with a pressure switch to turn them on when the door s opened.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Truthfully,thats exactly how I have my safe set up. I use 12V LED strips and a wall-cube. a magnetic switch can be used without having to drill holes. hot glue has been holding my switches in place for about 5 years now.

12v lights are uber cheap on flea-bay, as is a cheap-o wall wart.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use LED light strips up the sides and across the top, uses a motion sensor to turn on and after so long it turns itself off. Makes finding stuff in the back really easy, makes the safe look great and turns on and off by itself so as sooon as your enters the safe it lights up for you.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got pretty good lighting where my safes are located, so I won't use any additional lighting.

Both of mine have access to good light where they are. I use the outlets for my dehumidifier rods. But the pressure switch led strip lights do sound like an awesome idea. I might have to look into that for when I move this spring. New ranch house isn't as well lit as my old one I'm in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use LED light strips up the sides and across the top, uses a motion sensor to turn on and after so long it turns itself off. Makes finding stuff in the back really easy, makes the safe look great and turns on and off by itself so as sooon as your enters the safe it lights up for you.

I have the same setup but for the switch I used a magnetic switch that turns on and off when the door is opened or closed

Latest posts

Top Bottom