What do you guys think of the new fake exhaust of the new EV Charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
While I do agree those are horrible situations, Cobalt is in almost every electronic device but people still have TVs, smart phones and all the other gadgets. Chicom slavery powers a lot of our commerce. Tesla is a great example of Americans getting jobs from the industry. We have cobalt and lithium, but Americans don’t want to live with the smog, contamination, and you won’t find very many Americans want those jobs.

Most batteries are recyclable, just not cost effective to do so. Most lithium can be exchanged and reused, but the process is expensive. It’s just like automobiles. How many people just dump their car when it gets too expensive to fix? Been doing that for years and it spawned its own pick a part industry.

I’ll have a diesel forever because I need to haul, but for most people who don’t haul an EV is a great choice. The most interesting part about the people arguing how inconvenient EVs are, are the same people who grew up in the 70s and 80s.

I have to adjust my carb on a semi-weekly basis with the OK weather. Lol. If I go to too high an altitude it just won’t run well. With my 390 I won’t be passing many gas stations and I cruise at 55 so trips take forever. Those engines need a rebuild every 75-100k miles. You remember the exploding pintos. Worse yet those automatic seat belts that trapped some people. I could go on and on. Point is, gas can’t go on forever, maybe a long time but not forever. Might as well let the technology get better in the meantime.

I don’t mind a little inconvenience for a pleasant trip and those Teslas are stupid comfortable. I don’t have Twitter but I like what Musk is doing over there.
I guess you could argue it, but EV's are a ridiculously stupid endeavor that cost more to maintain, run, and dispose of than a combustion engine vehicle will ever cost. But ok, whatever.

The only technology that will ever make EV's worth a crap is hydrogen fuel cells or onboard nukes. Until then, you're stuck in the city, limited to warm weather, and slave to 45+ minute recharge times for minimal charge. Yay!

Last edited:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then there's the Mustang

1676594198014.png

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will admit I like the tech, however with all the issues with charging, battery life, and computer controls I feel an electric car will always be a secondary mode of transportation and only fits into the lifestyle of the wealthy. Yes there are some affordable EV's, but they are only good for rambling about town and commuting to work. Want to go on a long family vacation? They will ad hours to your trip. Remember those wonderful hours in the back of the family truckster going to Branson? Prepare to spend hours more in the backseat waiting for a charge and charging up. EV's are about limiting freedom of travel. Shame on Dodge, if they really were about individuality and freedom they would build a Charger with a 700 cid Hemi producing 1,600 HP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom