What do you guys think of the new fake exhaust of the new EV Charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOVL
OIP (25).jpeg

SOVLLESS
download (5).jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until:

1. The Batteries Die
2. The batteries get wet and you get incinerated
3. The computer or any circuit shorts out
4. Chrysler finds out you posted on okshooters.com something disparaging towards democrats or the vaccine and shuts off your car.
5. We get an EMP from china.

The guys in '69 Chargers will be running circles around them.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe in the city...nowhere else really.

The 1000s of kids and other folks as slaves in the cobalt mines in the Congo, that's one. Chicom slavery is another. And everyone's fave, that fact that all those "green" bulls***s cannot be recycled, reused, or disposed of without creating serious environmental hazards. They just park them with their batteries intact and/or dump the batteries in a fill or a graveyard and hope the crap doesn't leak. Nice!
While I do agree those are horrible situations, Cobalt is in almost every electronic device but people still have TVs, smart phones and all the other gadgets. Chicom slavery powers a lot of our commerce. Tesla is a great example of Americans getting jobs from the industry. We have cobalt and lithium, but Americans don’t want to live with the smog, contamination, and you won’t find very many Americans want those jobs.

Most batteries are recyclable, just not cost effective to do so. Most lithium can be exchanged and reused, but the process is expensive. It’s just like automobiles. How many people just dump their car when it gets too expensive to fix? Been doing that for years and it spawned its own pick a part industry.

I’ll have a diesel forever because I need to haul, but for most people who don’t haul an EV is a great choice. The most interesting part about the people arguing how inconvenient EVs are, are the same people who grew up in the 70s and 80s.

I have to adjust my carb on a semi-weekly basis with the OK weather. Lol. If I go to too high an altitude it just won’t run well. With my 390 I won’t be passing many gas stations and I cruise at 55 so trips take forever. Those engines need a rebuild every 75-100k miles. You remember the exploding pintos. Worse yet those automatic seat belts that trapped some people. I could go on and on. Point is, gas can’t go on forever, maybe a long time but not forever. Might as well let the technology get better in the meantime.

I don’t mind a little inconvenience for a pleasant trip and those Teslas are stupid comfortable. I don’t have Twitter but I like what Musk is doing over there.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never have issues with my carbs and my Ford ran a motorcraft 2V carb with factory installed 2 stage power valve.
No issues even when I raced it up Pikes Peak.
Note though you will not acclimate from bottom to the top of pikes peak as well as that Motorcraft carb.
My engines have always had cranking pressures in the 165 minimum to 245 psi max.
So altitude changes were never an issue.
Some over cammed low compression deal may have some issues but I do not build those.

And I loved my pinto. I actually took the EGR plate off and ran a 2 barrel off of a 390 on it.
3.55 posi track and 4 speed Mucho fun.

Probably not as much fun as the OP 700HP EV that claims it will beat the Hellcat.
Run over 200 MPH.
That is impressive for anyone that has taken an old muscle car to high speeds.
New cars are much more stable than those old boats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom