What do you know about S&W M&P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my M&P 9c. It doesn't quite make the cut against my P30sk for that size though. I just kind of like the HK better I suppose so I listed that one (still in the classifieds actually). I've also had some 40c's over the years that were fantastic as well.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the S&W M&P's quite a bit. Light Years ahead of the Sigma and very robust with machined parts. Good trigger out of the box (not great aside from the 5.7.) I've fired the 9's, .40's, and .45's. Good value, highly recommended. Have a few beefs with the new 5.7 though. Can't get the 22 round magazine in the firearm with 22 rds in it, so maximum capacity with 1 in the chamber is 22 rds. Fit and finish, the gap is abit large between the slide and frame. Pluses are 22 rd total capacity in a 1.1 inch thick full size pistol, more accurate than I can shoot, short reset, and a joy to shoot. Too bad I lost it in a boating accident.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been carrying/training with a M&P M2.0 4” barrel 9 MM for about six months now. Flawless function with 115, 124, and 147 grain weight bullets. The 17 round mags that came with it work reliably. The texture on the grips is the most grippy, rough I’ve ever had on a factory pistol. Tall easy to see sights, frame mounted ambi safety is very familiar to 1911 style afficianados. Factory trigger is plenty good, effective hits on a full size silhouette or IPSC cardboard out to 25 yards offhand is doable. Only slight complaint I would have is during the disassembly, this little lever (forget what the manual calls it) has to be pushed down, in the lower, to separate the slide/barrel/recoil spring from the frame, OR just pull the trigger as you run the slide off the frame. That works too. I’m probably just spoiled from the recent years of Sig, Glock field strip procedures, so fast and easy.

Arnie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an M&P 45c and it's been flawless. It eats any ammo I try, to include my reloads. It's accurate. It comes with different sizes of backstraps for large to small hands. The safety was a $20 add on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom