What is your opinions of comments by Jenks PD chief.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the Congress critters are pressing Janet Reno to explain why it is that Homeland Security needs 1.6 billion rounds and local police agencies can't get access to the ammunition themselves. So far, it seems that she is resisting making any explanations to the Congressmen.
SMS has explained many times on here, that this (1.6 billion) number is bogus. I wish I had the knowledge or the patience to follow his lead, but what good would that do? Nobody would pay any attention.
Let's say it's not what they NEED, it's what they want.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are all missing something. It's called the truth.

SMS has explained many times on here, that this (1.6 billion) number is bogus. I wish I had the knowledge or the patience to follow his lead, but what good would that do? Nobody would pay any attention.
Let's say it's not what they NEED, it's what they want.

Yup.

I fail to see how it is any of Congress' business if a local PD can't get ammo. It's the department's and the city's job to plan ahead. Anyone who thought ammo purchasing was going to be business as usual after the CT shooting was foolish. What do they say about piss poor planning?

I'm not up to speed how local PD ammo purchases work, but in the .mil, we planned and ordered for the fiscal year. In Oklahoma the fiscal year usually starts in July. Newtown happened in December. Did they have their ammo use forcasted, purchased, ordered etc...before this latest run on ammo? If not, why not? I'm sure it's not easy, and it may well be rocket science, but it's your job. Do it. Business as usual, isn't. Adapt.

My heart goes out to the individual LEOs who have to suffer through shortages and I will personally give three magazines worth of 9mm to a cop in my town if he isn't carrying a full load...but I'm betting that's not the case and is pure sensationalism on the chief's part.

Running up the red-herring and outright fabrication of DHS ammo purchases that never occured in the first place just blows any credibility of "reporting" this "article" might have. It's going for maximum spin and sensationalism...

The chief's comments about 1 out of 5 officers being killed with "assault rifles" just proves that he is as uninterested in fact and as interested in sensationlism of the media is.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I heard Sean Hannity quote this number over and over on the radio Friday. Are you saying that the media has mislead us? I can't believe it!

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no lack of ammunition for sale.
All common calibers are in stock now, anything you want shipped to your door.

They are really complaining about the price.
None of the sweetheart ammo contracts at the old price are available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom