What premium,if any,for a no dash S&W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Do they bring more money? Will they be worth more in the future? Just asking because i know where there is a no dash 66 and if i should buy it.What do you all think.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The no dash do tend to bring the price up some. Alot also depends on condition, barrel length, original grips, box with papers, and serial number range.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only ones I know for certain that are effected are the model 29 and 27. I've been interested in these for years. I have a 29-2 but have never had opportunity and ready funds coincide with a 27. With these two models no dash versions are significantly higher (especially the 29); all else being equal. Don't have any experience in this regard with any other models.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally, yes. An older gun would be worth more versus a newer gun. The idea is that the level of workmanship of the older guns was better. May not be true with CNC machining nowadays but for collectors an older gun will always bring a premium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom