What Scale are Ya'll Using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nos8ed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reloading newbie here. Looked on the net and I found mixed reviews on just about every scale.
I'll mostly be reloading 9mm & 40s&w but will be loading 223rem & 30-06 as well.
So far, I liked the Dillon D-Terminator digital scale and the Dillon Eliminator scale. It seems everyone is using 2 scales.
I have a Redding T-7 press and a Redding 03700 powder measure.

I appreciate any feedback and/or help.

Thanks,Travis

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only use a beam scale. My 5-0-5 has never let me down.
Having worked in a lab I just don't trust the small dollar ones on the reloading market. A lot of people use them, I guess I need to pick one up just to play with.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my pistol and rifle gets measured on the rcbs 505
I also use the lee scoop the smallest loads of pistol..very accurate for a scoop.
I have 2 of the RCBS powder throwers..USELESS in my book with all powders i have tried
Just too much slop.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use and rcbs 505 beam scale to check every load that my newly acquired hornady automatic powder dispenser throws. So far if I set the appropriate speed for the powder I'm using it is accurate +/- .01-.02 grains. Lots more accurate than my old rcbs charge master that went on the fritz. I don't high volume pistol load so I didn't have much faith in the rcbs powder measure with anything other than ball powder.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
7stw are you saying that Hornady automatic powder dispencer is accurate to .01-.02grains
In other words one or two onehundredth's of a grain or one to two tenth's of a grain???

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One or two tenths. And that's pretty close but in one of my stw's and my .280 as well in my ruger no 1 in .220 swift two tenths over my most accurate loads causes to much pressure so I always trust but verify.

Latest posts

Top Bottom