What should I do with my Colt????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do if you had this??

• Shoot the Colt I have?

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sale it and buy one like I want?

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Put it back in the safe and forget about it, and save up to get a used one?

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • other, post and let me know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I have a NIB Colt AR-15 Green label AR. It is one of the older guns R6600K (20" full stock gun). The K means they added the 22 conversion and cut off the bayo. lug. Colt being kid friendly. This has the SP1 type lower, Sporter HBAR gun. Like I said, this is a NIB gun, with all that it came from from Colt with the 22 conversion Kit!

Now I been wanting a Colt H-bar, prefer the R6600 H-bar for a shooter, just do not have the funds to buy one right now.

Let me ask whet you guys would do???

Pros -
This gun is not longer made,
I been seeing them listed for about $2200 to $2800.
It has the .22 kit with the gun.
Its a Colt!

Cons-
This gun is not longer made,
I been seeing them sale for about $2200 to $2800.
Takes a lot of room in the safe!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just sold the unfired upper off my Colt 606A to pay for a Colt 6933 upper. That 606 was just hogging space in my safe and the 6933 already has 100 rounds downrange. I'm very happy that I got something I could use instead.

If you can really sell it for that much you could get a great shooter, 1500 rounds and pay for a class. That would be the best use of funds IMO.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks all, the $2200 to $2800 is a price I seen a few listed for. I do not know if that is what they are bringing. So I do not know. Now when I bought this gun, it was my 2nd gun I bought back in the mid 90's. My first on was the Colt R6600 like what I want now, I just wish I did not sale it. I sold it to buy a Olmpic arms M16 back in the mid 90's as well I just could not get my LEO sign off. After that I did not get my old gun back.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a sad fact that only 2% of the guns out there ever get shot on a consistant basis. Why have a gun taking up space that you don't want to shoot? get one you want to shoot and sell the one you have to a collector who most likely will not shoot it either since it is "NIB and no longer made."

Latest posts

Top Bottom