What the heck have I done???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MUST...RESIST...URGE...

Mr. Bullet Feeders are $70 off right now with the 4th of July sale....

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/4th-july-2020

The Mr. Bullet Feeders are awesome. I was “assembling” 1000 rounds of 9mm in 47-52 minutes with 650. All the primers loaded in tubes, brass lubed, powder hopper loaded etc.

I might need to look at a couple more caliber conversions myself.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing you read note about 750 gives up powder check with mr. bullet feeder due to primer feed change and how powder dropper is reoriented.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing you read note about 750 gives up powder check with mr. bullet feeder due to primer feed change and how powder dropper is reoriented.

I’m not a fan of the Dillon powder check. And I would not go to a combination seat/crimp die to be able to use the bullet feeder in combination with the powder check anyhow.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have looked at that and it sound like thats not a huge deal.
I think with most pistol stuff and decent loads you'll be able to visually check powder loads as they have pretty good case capacity and visibility into them. Granted I'm obviously new at this, but thats how it seems.
Cant see powder= missed drop
Can see powder= good drop
Overflowing from case= double charge

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the Dillon powder check. And I would not go to a combination seat/crimp die to be able to use the bullet feeder in combination with the powder check anyhow.
Any preference on a powder check? I don't use one since I run a 550. My powder check is this light that twists and turns all different directions. It lights it up good enough its easy to see if there is the right powder when putting the bullet on. I played with bore-scope camera on a mount but it wasn't worth the hassle imo. I have read mixed reviews on seat crimp dies. I know the DAA is newer creation made by Lee and I don't want to hurt no feelings but I like the Dillon dies a lot more than Lees I have. I am Dillon or Forster dies only anymore.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any preference on a powder check? I don't use one since I run a 550. My powder check is this light that twists and turns all different directions. It lights it up good enough its easy to see if there is the right powder when putting the bullet on. I played with bore-scope camera on a mount but it wasn't worth the hassle imo. I have read mixed reviews on seat crimp dies. I know the DAA is newer creation made by Lee and I don't want to hurt no feelings but I like the Dillon dies a lot more than Lees I have. I am Dillon or Forster dies only anymore.

I have 3 Dillons gathering dust in my drawer I need to sell.
It seemed more like a challenge to set up. It would grab grains of powder and redistribute. I never really trusted it. I use a bore scope camera, but mostly use a visual on the pistol rounds. Most of my ammo? I only look if there was an issue. Jam up, or something.
I’d like to play with the new DAA check, but I still don’t see the need.

Adjusting seat and crimp in separate stages is a breeze. Combined, not so much. Easier to get buy with mistakes on jacketed bullets that I primarily load, but still a pain.

Most of my pistol heads have a Dillon sizing die, a Redding Comp seating die, and a Lee factory crimp die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom