What to do now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
doorgunner, this is my first AR build. Thinking flattop with pop up sites. This is just for plinking and home defense. I've owned a couple of ARs and just wanted something I can say I built. Any words of encouragement are welcomed.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be cautious when installing the roll pins, and put electrical tape on the receiver to help prevent scratches when installing them. You can't go wrong with a flat top.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
16" 6.8 SPC II. Ammo for it isn't any more expensive these days. Federal will release their loads someday. And if you reload it's a moot point as I can load it for the same price as .223. Look at the data yourself. And check out 68forums.com, there is a lot of good information there.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
One factor to consider on the stock, is how big your son is. If he's still young / small, then a collapsible stock might still be good for him.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go with the ace stock if you are putting together a 16" rifle. I like them a lot. The ace stock is light so it does seem to balance real well on an 18" or 20" rifle.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ace stock all the way. My wife's 5.56 and my 300 AAC blackout have aces on them. I run a Magpul CTR on my 5.56 rifle but it also has to transition to different pull lengths based on the season and gear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom