What type of sling do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of sling do you use?

• Single point

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • two point

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • three point

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't more people use three points? In addition to three point use, mine can function identically to a two point, and similarly to a single point. Its the best of all three worlds.

The advantages of a three point sling were negated with quality two points like the Vickers/VTAC,IMO. The three point had that stupid strap running down the side of the weapon that screws with your controls somthing awful on ARs/pump shotties. 3 points make it almost impossible to transition to the support side shoulder, and are usually a biatch to get into/ out of.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't more people use three points? In addition to three point use, mine can function identically to a two point, and similarly to a single point. Its the best of all three worlds.

One more unnecessary piece to deal with. I don't like to get too hooked up into anything either, just in case I need to get out of it in a hurry.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Similar to Glocktogo's response...mostly because I hate being strapped into my rifle. Especially during mounted operations.

IMHO they just became a solution for a problem that doesn't exist and even added some complexity and error into weapon handling.

VCAS with stock adapters for my M1A and QD swivels for the AR....

Latest posts

Top Bottom