What would it take if possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive me if this post is one of 2 things or both. either 1. A question that has been answered several times before and I am to lazy to look it up. or 2. to stupid of a question to deserve a legit answer. But here we go

With a couple of options of 45 lc /410 configs (judge, leinad, or comanche off the top of my head) what would it take to turn a dedicated 410 like an hr topper to be able to shoot a 45 long colt, or is it possible? I know on the comanche has a different tip you have to swap out that goes on the outside of the barrel before you use different rounds, but I dont understand what its for as its not an internal choke. someone let me know... gently.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the 45lc barrel is larger in inside diameter than the 410 and swells the 410 cases when fired.
if you ran a reamer in a 410 shotgun barrel and shot 45lc it would probably blow up due to forcing a big bullet in the smaller bore diameter.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well awsome ,so I assume then with the other firearms I listed they are actually .45 bore, and the 410 shell just swells larger than a standard 410 barrel would then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom