What's the best noise dissapating/flash hiding muzzle brake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing you are not too proud to ask, but I find it interesting that you are in the business of selling AR parts and accessories, and you look for this kind of information here.

I would think that someone in the AR business would have the answers to this type of question.:scratch:

He could have given the customer a ******** answer based on the manufacturers claims, but instead he came to people that have experience with the dozens of devices available and asked for their opinions. Now he'll be able to suggest a device that the customer will be happy with and not just the one with the highest profit margin.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He could have given the customer a ******** answer based on the manufacturers claims, but instead he came to people that have experience with the dozens of devices available and asked for their opinions. Now he'll be able to suggest a device that the customer will be happy with and not just the one with the highest profit margin.

Someone tell S4F that his account's been hacked and someone serious is at the helm :)

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing you are not too proud to ask, but I find it interesting that you are in the business of selling AR parts and accessories, and you look for this kind of information here.

I would think that someone in the AR business would have the answers to this type of question.:scratch:

I am in the business of selling AR parts and it has been quite the learning experience for me. I would much rather be humble and ask than mislead like has happened to me.

I am not an expert on the AR15. I would like everyone to know that. What I will do for all of my customers is ask the experts these questions that come my way so both of us can have the best answer to make the decision on how to spend our hard earned money.

Please feel free to scratch your head and ask any other questions you might have as I will be happy to respond to them. I will even ask on here and other places for help with the answer if needed.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the business of selling AR parts and it has been quite the learning experience for me. I would much rather be humble and ask than mislead like has happened to me.

I am not an expert on the AR15. I would like everyone to know that. What I will do for all of my customers is ask the experts these questions that come my way so both of us can have the best answer to make the decision on how to spend our hard earned money.

Please feel free to scratch your head and ask any other questions you might have as I will be happy to respond to them. I will even ask on here and other places for help with the answer if needed.

Ya know bird I had tossed out a couple of smart ass answers in threads and now I feel bad about it.

I haven't done any night time shooting with it but the troy medieval on jennifers rifle seems to have a significantly decreased flash signature over my standard bird cage.

Also check out surefires video feed the night time shots of rifles with their flash supressors were pretty convincing.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best muzzelbrake that hides flash and isn't to loud, at least for the shooter and fellow range patrons, would be battlecomp. Although for the money I would look at Griffin armaments knock off battle comp for a lot less money.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's the intent of a good gun board. We all kid around and have fun here, but a wealth of knowledge is here for the asking. It's cheap, fast and easy.

Ya know bird I had tossed out a couple of smart ass answers in threads and now I feel bad about it.

I haven't done any night time shooting with it but the troy medieval on jennifers rifle seems to have a significantly decreased flash signature over my standard bird cage.

Also check out surefires video feed the night time shots of rifles with their flash supressors were pretty convincing.

It's been a while since I did a head to head comparison in the dark, but of all the ones we had on the line, the YHM Phantom did the best at reducing flash. The Blackout wasn't out at that time. One thing we noticed was that ammo type played a huge role. Some were like flame throwers and others were just a dull orange bloom at the muzzle.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nordic Components Corvette brake on my varmint rig, you can cross that one off your list of reccomendations. Doesn't do much in the way of flash reduction, shooting it is LOUD and sitting behind & slighty to the left or right of it will just plain rattle your teeth.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the intent of a good gun board. We all kid around and have fun here, but a wealth of knowledge is here for the asking. It's cheap, fast and easy.

It's been a while since I did a head to head comparison in the dark, but of all the ones we had on the line, the YHM Phantom did the best at reducing flash. The Blackout wasn't out at that time. One thing we noticed was that ammo type played a huge role. Some were like flame throwers and others were just a dull orange bloom at the muzzle.

I have a great still camera, don't know how it does for video but we should drag some rifles out for a night time shoot. And comparison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom