What's the best trigger for ar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I built what I considder a nice target ar. And I feel it's only imperfections left are me and my skills, and the lpk trigger and hammer kit from the standard dpms kit could probably stand an upgrade to help me out. Eventually I also want to put a piston kit on it, but for now I want opinions and suggestions on the best trigger upgrade out there. I have been looking at the options and they all say and make the same claims. Boasting a crisp and clean pull and 3-4.5 lb break.
The Timmy drop in kits look good, but so do these two stage ones with brass pivot joints.

What do you think, any experience with any I would love to hear.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, the standard GI type trigger sucks for accurate shooting. I have the RRA 2 stage, which is pretty much the cheapest after market trigger you can get other than "worked" GI triggers. It's nice, but nothing compared to even the old style factory trigger in my Remington 700.

The Timneys get high marks in other rifles, but I haven't heard much about their AR triggers. Maybe 1 or 2 reports on here? The Giesselle is highly recommended by some respected members here.

You might search around here, I believe this was brought up recently.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am currently using a Spikes ST battle trigger.....smooth and crisp for a polished basic trigger. It was 59.95 plus shipping.....I really like mine, and dare I say more than a match trigger. My rifle is set up for combat shooting more so than bench shooting. To each their own.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill 2nd the Bill Springfield. The one i have is just like a good bolt gun trigger. $112 shipped for complete 4# LPK with no creep at all.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't shoot your guns the Springfield/RRA triggers are great. If you do, be prepared to replace it.

I have JP's in mine. They break at 2 3/4# w/ no take up and have a lot of rounds on them.

For those wanting a 1.5# trigger, the AR Gold is pretty popular...they are pricey, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom