What's your snake gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmkeeler7676

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking for a little input,

1. I hate snakes
2. I have already seen too many this year while fishing with my 5 y/o
3. See number 1

So what are you using, I would prefer a shotgun but it is impractical while fishing, I want to fish not have a perimeter watch.(LOL)
I was thinking of a 357 with rat shot?

What says ye?:fullauto:

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 49 Bodyguard .38spl loaded with CCI Shot shells.

[Broken External Image]

(I still carry my S&W M&P 9c loaded with Federal Tactical HST 9mm 147gr +P for any larger problems.)

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems expensive and unnecessary for snakes. I have always used a .22 or an air gun. Ammo is expensive I wouldn't waste it on snakes.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems expensive and unnecessary for snakes. I have always used a .22 or an air gun. Ammo is expensive I wouldn't waste it on snakes.

Ummm, how many snakes do you see and how many do you plan on killing? My grand total for snakes killed in my lifetime has been under a dozen, but then again, I don't kill them unless they are poisonous and a problem due to proximity. Now if we are talking about killing armadillos or rats, 22lr out of my S&W 18 or Marlin 60.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm, how many snakes do you see and how many do you plan on killing? My grand total for snakes killed in my lifetime has been under a dozen, but then again, I don't kill them unless they are poisonous and a problem due to proximity. Now if we are talking about killing armadillos or rats, 22lr out of my S&W 18 or Marlin 60.

I'd guess I've killed less that a dozen too, but when I went into the house to grab something to kill I typically came back with a bb gun. I guess that's just what was close.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd guess I've killed less that a dozen too, but when I went into the house to grab something to kill I typically came back with a bb gun. I guess that's just what was close.

I only have a BB rifle. The pistols were either spring powered or CO2, so neither really worked very well for me. If I was grabbing a pistol that was laying around loaded, it would be the S&W 18 22lr. When I'm going outside, I intentionally load the S&W snubby with CCI shot shells and drop it into my pocket.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I guess growing up in Louisiana. I have killed much more of everything probably than yall. Cause I'm almost 22 and I have killed about 100 times that many. Damn Louisiana must be infested with them. :fullauto:Never really thought about it before though.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess growing up in Louisiana. I have killed much more of everything probably than yall. Cause I'm almost 22 and I have killed about 100 times that many. Damn Louisiana must be infested with them. :fullauto:Never really thought about it before though.

Oh I've seen tons of them, but I don't shoot at each and every one I see. The only snakes I have ever shot were rattlers, cotton mouths, and a couple copper heads. All of them were in a place that would make then dangerous to people nearby. Poisonous snakes out in the wild, no problem if I can stay clear of them. When they come into a yard, that's all she wrote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom