Whats your Traditional Archery setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine is a 44lb Kohanna custom longbow, cedar arrows and goldtip 35-55 carbons, tipped with 140 Stos broadheads, stored in a old back quiver.

Ive been shooting morning and evening since the MCAAP results came out. IM SO PUMPED.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a Black Widow PLX. Its a 62'' 64@28. Im shooting cedar shafts with 5 1/2'' shield cut feathers tipped with 125 gr zewikeys. I try to keep my arrows in the 640-680 grain range.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
55# Hoyt "sky" longbow, with bear 140gr broadheads. 42# osage orange selfbow, which I retired because it's got a few years on it and it looks to0 cool, don't want to take a chance on it breaking. Time to build a new one I guess.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to see pics of these bad boys. I just got into archery and have an old wooden compound Browning. I took it to H&H to have it checked out and they acted liked it was a dinosaur. They said it was likely 40-50 years old. I guess since I wasn't buying one of their $500+ bows, I wasn't worthy of any time. Needless, to say I wasn't happy with the customer service. I did buy arrows from them so it wasn't that I didn't spend any money there.

End rant/
The bow shoots just fine but haven't tried shooting out of a stand yet. Anyone have a source for dating my bow?

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had my Bear Kodiak for over 30 years & I bought it used. At my draw length it is 53 lbs. Shooting carbons with 100 gr. Slicktricks. My backup recurve is a Bear Grizzly. Someday I'll upgrade, but they do their part when I do mine.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot an old Black Widow Gray Bark. It is about 47# at my draw of 27". I shoot gold tip carbons out of mine with weight added to the front of the arrow and I use stinger broadheads. This pic is the best I have of the bow and both deer were taken the 2nd evening of bow season last year.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_2011Does.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only shot a traditional bow a handful of times. I've got my dad's old Browning Nomad that appears to be in immaculate shape. I would really like to get it strung and inspected to make sure it is in complete working order. Is there somewhere in or around Tulsa that specializes in traditional equipment that won't treat me like and idiot for bringing in an old bow and asking questions?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've only shot a traditional bow a handful of times. I've got my dad's old Browning Nomad that appears to be in immaculate shape. I would really like to get it strung and inspected to make sure it is in complete working order. Is there somewhere in or around Tulsa that specializes in traditional equipment that won't treat me like and idiot for bringing in an old bow and asking questions?

Pats Archery, in Okmulgee has some good guys working there. Dont know anyone closer.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just shoot old Bears now.

'69 Super-K; 60" AMO and 43#'s @ 28" / Beeman MFX Classics with old school non-vented Magnus

DSC00323.JPG

DSC00346.JPG

Middle bow is a '70 K-Hunter (Jon Voight carried one in Deliverance); bow on right is a '68 Zebrawood Tigercat (62")
DSC00332.JPG

Took me a while to find a Super-K with the shelf on the correct side. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom