when do you usually see bucks AM or PM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I quess by all the replys, you can tell that when the rut is on, time of day makes no difference.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mid to late morning is good to me. 9:00 a.m. to noon. All the bucks on the wall came during these hours, and the VAST majority of nice bucks I've ever seen while hunting came by during these hours (or early afternoon, though I've never connected at this time) - especially with rut and gun season pressure. Sometimes I wonder why I get up early. I have seriously considered starting to sleep in and getting on stand about 9:00 and staying until dark.

The first time I decided to sit all day I saw a shooter buck at noon-something and another and 1:30-ish after not seeing **** for a while. It made a believer of me.

That said, next Saturday I'll be 18 foot up an oak from dark to dark unless antlers hit the leaves first. My best piece of hunting equipment is my Kindle. I'll do at least 1.5 good sized books this weekend, and there's no way I could sit all day without reading. Sure, I miss some deer I can't hear. But I hunt the woods, leaves are loud, and I see most of them. The extra hours on stand make up for the deer that sneak by me unseen. I guarantee it. My dad for example is constantly scanning the woods and won't read for fear of missing deer. But he'll burn out and be at camp midday, and move to another stand for the evening. I can sit all day thanks to my books.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to see more bucks in the evening. My biggest so far, 144", was just before shooting light expired. I do find it interesting that I see far more does/fawns in the mornings though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom