Where do you buy your powder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried Varget, wasn't impressed. I may have a half a pound left. Powder is a little difficult to get right now. Gene Sears in El Reno. H and H in OKC. Bass Pro but its higher priced. Luckily I have a small store near me that the owners are hoarders. There isn't any telling how much stock they have. Sometimes they will dust of a few boxes and have a sale on something from the 70s, 80s, or 90s. I stopped in early January to buy some powder. I picked up the 3 pounds of IMR 4350 and they brought out 3 more before I finished checking out. I bought a couple more and they replaced them too.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know where to find some Hodgdon Retumbo? I cant find it anywhere, tried H&H, Gene Sears, J&K, bass pro.

How much do you need? How soon do you need it? If not a big hurry, I would keep checking Gene Sears and I bet they have it within a few weeks. (few= 3) If you need it soon, I can check my supply and see what I have. I don't use Retumbo for myself on any loadings. I bought some for a buddy and he flaked out and decided the gun kicked to hard.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patience is key In a shortage. Check with Henry's in Yukon also gene sears will get it eventually. I've had a large quantity of Hogdon powders on back order since before thanksgiving and have yet to receive conformation of it even shipping yet. I also just got an order I placed before the election about ten days ago. Prarie poodle shooting season will be upon me before I know it but having lived through shortages before I know the supply lines will fill back up. I don't have any retumbo to spare. What are you loading ? I've got some other magnum powders. Also I can't think of his name but the guy who sells all the contender stuff in Bethany might have some powder. Call j&k or marks firearms they are prob out too but you never know. Also big boys carries some powder primarily alliante powder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom